Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

Just now, Poimen said:

Intense band rolling through currently. Straight up thumping outside right now.

Nice!  Looks like I might get one more hour of snow down here in NW Randolph County.  Look to have 3-4 inches.  I hope that I hold on to sleet as long as possible before the freezing rain sets in.  Looks to be about .25 inches of ice coming just south and east of the Triad.

15 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Feeezing rain is still falling and about .25” on the trees. The snow and sleet has completely glazed over in the yards and street. Looks like there are quite a few outages around Habersham and Rabun Counties on the ga power website. So I would say that  NE GA is having a pretty significant ice storm right now

It is actually, esp with the ground covered in sleet/snow.  I am one of the apparent few who likes all types of winter storms including freezing rain. Grew up in ga and ice after snow is not uncommon at all - I think it’s been a great storm for this area so far. Am amazed the models picked it up so early. From what I saw most of the week it is what I expected. With a CAD event I didn’t fall for the amounts of snow the models showed during the week lol. CAD screams ice for ne ga anyway

Just now, NEGa said:

It is actually, esp with the ground covered in sleet/snow.  I am one of the apparent few who likes all types of winter storms including freezing rain. Grew up in ga and ice after snow is not uncommon at all - I think it’s been a great storm for this area so far. Am amazed the models picked it up so early. From what I saw most of the week it is what I expected. With a CAD event I didn’t fall for the amounts of snow the models showed during the week lol. CAD screams ice for ne ga anyway

I said something similar a couple days ago on here that I’d take .10 ZR after snow, which isn’t uncommon.  Enough to coat everything and looks awesome in the light but not really enough to be damaging.  Stay safe down there and hopefully it doesn’t get much worse. 

• jburns unpinned this topic