• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

Good luck to everyone! After growing up in Wilmington and attending NCSU, it's been a breath of fresh air to track a... less stressful storm here. I wish the same luck to everyone right on that edge! Thank you for your reports! I kept a steady eye on this thread and I was able to sound off a few obs during my 11 PM newscast. There's no such thing as too many obs, so if you feel obliged to report something, post it!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2”+ on the deck, really starting to cake and I cant see the houses about a mile  away down the valley towards Boone, honestly have not been able to clearly see there lights for about an hour but now nothing.   321 is still clearly visible, 1/8 mile reference.   Very impressive given the reflectivity overhead, SN, 26F, 3/4” hr rates best guess.

• Like 1

Just now, CentralNC said:

That is crazy.  Not sure I have ever seen that happen on this type of storm before.

The slot from Lenoir to Morganton had that for well over three hours between 2000-2300 tonight. Couldn't figure it out. You could go 5 miles in any direction and hit some form of precip. Betting yours will end soon though. 

Guys in Mooresville, it’s going to be a painstaking wait for you but it should be all snow there when it starts.  It’s obvious this CAD is doing its thing with these dew points as radar returns have been the best all day over me north of 85 and the best I can do right now is a light snow/rain mix with the occasional bigger flake making it down.  It’s wanting to start going to what everyone S and SW of here is seeing but not quite there yet.  Sets up good for y’all when it finally breaks out up there.

• Like 1

Just now, kvegas-wx said:

Finally snowing in the heart of the triad.  And man oh man, if the radar doesnt look EXACTLY like the FV3 runs I dont know what does.  Timing....perfect. Thermal profile.....near perfect.  And so far its snowing where it said it would.  We'll see tomorrow if the totals match!

I agree with the statement on the FV3. We shall see what totals I get over here.  

• jburns unpinned this topic