Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

12 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

absolute parachute flakes sailing down here... some of the biggest flakes i've ever seen. Seem to be having trouble accumulating though as we're still at 33.. got about 1/2 inch on the grass and elevated surfaces.

Those in the upstate just wait til this stuff in n ga gets there. It’s absolutely pouring what looks like clumps of ice lol. Getting a trifecta mix and it’s really coming down. If this is snow where y’all are it will be amazing :)

everything is covered now - yards and roads

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Last pic of the night with snow mixing in.  Still quite a bit of sleet, flipping between more and less snow frequently.  

B71869AF-0CB9-4804-AF61-715EE0081C8E.jpeg

Crazy how much difference a few miles makes, I’m just on the other side of Wesley Chapel from you and MBY looks nothing like that, sleet and a stray wet flake mixing in but everything is still just soaking wet. 

5 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I’ve been so puzzled by this. It’s been snowing in Lenoir for a while now and the ground is white. Odd how it’s been delayed in areas where the moisture hitting Lenoir, has already passed over. 

Same. I didn't see a single flake in Lenoir until 2250, and it has since ramped up to around >=1"/hour. 

Just now, SnowDawg said:

Down below 32 now. In the lulls it is freezing rain and sleeting, trees are going now. Power is out and can see transformers blowing.

Your power is out? Ugh. So far so good here - I hope that stays up there lol. I am surprised the power hasn’t even blinked here which is unusual ( I live near a national forest with a ton of trees)

Just now, NEGa said:

Your power is out? Ugh. So far so good here - I hope that stays up there lol. I am surprised the power hasn’t even blinked here which is unusual ( I live near a national forest with a ton of trees)

Yeah. Had one big power surge, and then about 2-3 minutes later it went out and big flashes filled the sky.

20 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Any reports of Thundersnow yet?  I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some in Richmond, VA here sometime tomorrow. 

Love it!  Have only experienced this twice in my life...about 3 years ago...it was cool!  Not sure if that's very possible in the mountains, as compared to the flatlands

Some winds picking up here in Todd...and I wonder if we'll get any NWF/Backside snow here in the NW mtns as this moves out???  I am not versed in the NWFS...maybe I can read about it 

• jburns unpinned this topic