• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

Left Landrum several hours ago and it was pouring snow and drove up 85 and it was rain and freezing rain.  Finally switched over an hour ago and it’s piling up quick.  Hope the HRR will be good to me till around 6AM and a nice snow is on the ground - Doubt I’ll sleep tonight until I hear the sleet coming down in which I’ll cry myself to sleep - Haha!  

1 minute ago, UNCC49er said:

It’s certainly taking its time. Did notice the wind picking up some, at least compared to a few hours ago.

It's definitely coming... watching the radar.. When it does, it ain't stopping for a while.  This is a wall of precip.  Hello El Nino.

• Like 3

Just now, oconeexman said:

Seen alot of snow in my time..from the late 70's as a kid then early 80's and esp the Jan 88 bomb. I have never seen flakes this big..ever! Splattered on my phone and covered half of an S8. Literally half of a dollar bill.

Sweet lol. We are getting a mix of everything I think - sleet snow and freezing rain.

Finally feel comfortable saying the snow is starting to make an appearance here by Mt Holly.  Looks like white rain but it’s flakes and they are slowly getting bigger and picking up in intensity.  Hope to look just like Doppler here in the next 30 min, standing outside in some heavy stuff.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Seen alot of snow in my time..from the late 70's as a kid then early 80's and esp the Jan 88 bomb. I have never seen flakes this big..ever! Splattered on my phone and covered half of an S8. Literally half of a dollar bill.

NICE!!!

Want to witness this up here before I crash for the night. 

• jburns unpinned this topic