• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

Went and ate in TR with family downtown, ripping snow was quite awesome. Was accumulating on the roads, covering everything in white. Got back to Furman and it was back to raining. Drove home to Pendleton back roads and even in Dacusville no snow, just sleet. Taking a while for that snow line to move south in the Upstate.

36 here in Pendleton, maybe some sleet starting to mix in now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

You positive?  Not to sound like a jerk.  My back table is getting a coat of sleet as well. 

Haha. Yeah. Ive got a coat of sleet as well...nary a snowflake though. Had my back window open and lights on since 7. You can hear some sleet mix with the rain...but there aint no snow

4 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Snowdawg are you back to sleet? Started a mix of sleet and snow a few min ago and the back deck is already getting crusty. 

Models doing a fairly good job with that changeover as they generally showed it happening around 02 to 03z. Snowing in cornelia at the last observation too. 

3 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

Haha. Yeah. Ive got a coat of sleet as well...nary a snowflake though. Had my back window open and lights on since 7. You can hear some sleet mix with the rain...but there aint no snow

Ah gotcha thought you meant no sleet.  The snow hasn’t been soft fluffy snow.  When in my car it was obviously wet flakes but looked like rain just looking outside.  So prob getting the same. 

6 minutes ago, Lookout said:

Models doing a fairly good job with that changeover as they generally showed it happening around 02 to 03z. Snowing in cornelia at the last observation too. 

Yep that’s sort of near me lol.  It is all snow and just pouring down right now. Think the change over was about 915-930 to go to all snow

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Snowdawg are you back to sleet? Started a mix of sleet and snow a few min ago and the back deck is already getting crusty. 

A lot of what I thought was rain earlier was mainly sleet, may actually have an inch of that on top of the partially melted snow from earlier. Now it just keeps flipping constantly. At times it’s mainly snow, and then it’ll flip mainly sleet and mix in between the flips. Hoping to flip all snow before the heaviest gets hear in a couple hours. Still can’t get that dry easy wind that everyone else is getting though.

3 minutes ago, CarlHill said:

Yep, and 3 years running, if I question or bitch about it I get silenced on here.  I suppose we can't question, doubt, or criticize here without being put in the quiet corner. But seriously, there have been times when people were dropping $1000 on generators due to overhype on these boards and got nothing but cold rain.  

You should make decisions based on NWS forecasts. I promise you the meteorologists in your local weather office take into account everything that is discussed here in the forecast.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic