Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

2 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Sounds about right since in a straight line I’m probably not more than a mile away.  As we all know every mile counts in this area.

It’s also changed quickly.  I posted wind changes which correlate well to increase in sleet.  Was a lot of rain and sleet and some wet snow.  Almost no rain now, maybe none and just wet snowflakes.  This is 2-3 hours ahead of when HRRR and others showed the mixing line reaching here so I’m looking forward to what’s to come. 

Yea it sounds like sleet might be mixing here now. I hope it keeps pushing south 

18 minutes ago, NEGa said:

Glad folks are seeing some froz n precip. Still pouring rain and 34 ugh. The winds are gusting in the upper 20s mph range 

I'm with you..winter storm warning and 2" of rain..awesome sauce. At this point I'm skeptical of seeing any sleet. An occasional sloppy flake mixes in every now and then. Temps slowly creeping down to 35 now

5 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

Sounds about right since in a straight line I’m probably not more than a mile away.  As we all know every mile counts in this area.

It’s also changed quickly.  I posted wind changes which correlate well to increase in sleet.  Was a lot of rain and sleet and some wet snow.  Almost no rain now, maybe none and just wet snowflakes.  This is 2-3 hours ahead of when HRRR and others showed the mixing line reaching here so I’m looking forward to what’s to come. 

Im literally 45 seconds from where you posted you are and its nothing but a hard rain...

1 minute ago, Regan said:

First of all. Dang Fish. He upped the totals. 2nd we have a lake house in Denton NC on High Rock. I can see little tiny flakes fly by here and there in the security cam. Not bugs. 

5EA18DBF-2BA0-4EC4-8E26-4BBA4B50B9BF.jpeg

Lol, wral is so weird man...you never know what to expect from them

So funny, brad P has 2-4 inches for north charlotte and fish is going with 6-10...

3 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

You positive?  Not to sound like a jerk.  My back table is getting a coat of sleet as well. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s getting nothing but drizzle or light rain, it’s like once you get under a green radar return you’ve got frozen, if not you’ve got squat.  Hence why I went back to drizzle/light rain.

edit - I say that and just saw a few tiny flakes in the porch light.  Need those better returns to get back up here.

• Thanks 1

• jburns unpinned this topic