Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

Just now, CarlHill said:

35 and cold rain in Easley, SC.  As usual.  Apparently there is not a MET in the USA that can forecast here with any degree of certainty.  Year after year disappointments.

Tell me about it. When was the last time we had a winter system overperform here? I can’t think of one. 

As of 7:40 CST, Pensacola had picked up. 1.37" rain. That makes 2018 only the 15th year on record when 80.00" or more precipitation fell at Pensacola. To date, Pensacola has received 80.00" precipitation, which ranks as the 15th highest annual amount just ahead of the 79.99" which was recorded in 1946.

A lot of moisture remains headed for the Carolinas. All still seems reasonably on track with the consensus of the guidance.

Just now, broken024 said:

Sounds like line is at 485 for sleet/snow. Hope it pushes south

Sounds about right since in a straight line I’m probably not more than a mile away.  As we all know every mile counts in this area.

It’s also changed quickly.  I posted wind changes which correlate well to increase in sleet.  Was a lot of rain and sleet and some wet snow.  Almost no rain now, maybe none and just wet snowflakes.  This is 2-3 hours ahead of when HRRR and others showed the mixing line reaching here so I’m looking forward to what’s to come. 

I'm at 39 in N. Iredell county (about five minutes north of Statesville up 77). Good and cloudy but no precip. I can't wait for my kids to wake up in the morning. And, from a LONG TIME lurker, thanks to all you guys for your work here. I really enjoy reading the threads and learning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wxslug said:

I'm at 39 in N. Iredell county (about five minutes north of Statesville up 77). Good and cloudy but no precip. I can't wait for my kids to wake up in the morning. And, from a LONG TIME lurker, thanks to all you guys for your work here. I really enjoy reading the threads and learning.

Always good to hear from nearby folks.. I'm in Mooresville (grew up in Statesville)

Currently 39.2/28 DP

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic