Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Amos83

4 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

why are parts of the Charlotte metro in the mid-40's?

Because the big cool down won’t start until later.  Take a look at noaa stations and watch the winds.  The models with more snow etc...show a big increase in winds in a short tone later tonight  pushing down the cool dry air.  It’s going to be a long slow fall to temps and we are right on the border if all goes as planned.  Don’t worry.  Yet at least :)

2 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Right at 2,000 feet. Not even very far from the highway, so I’d assume the higher elevations and far northern end of the county are sticking good right now.

That’s a pretty decent elevation. I am just 1800 and usually in a good spot for CAD events. Although my temp isn’t really moving, still at 36 lol

35 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Just got back from getting fitted for golf clubs (I'm crazy). Left my house near uptown to 46 and cloudy. At Providence/485 it was 40 with a light wintry mix of rain, sleet, and a few small flakes. Now back home to 45 and sprinkles. Pretty weird.

So your saying that at basically the NC/SC line(almost) you saw snow flakes? I'm shocked, but thrilled!

11 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

.64 here already..could have been epic

Yep, just no cold with this system. 35 and plain cold rain here. I guess I'll probably see a few hours of mix tonight/early morning, but I don't expect much at all until you get farther north. We've been getting these high QPF systems every couple of weeks, hopefully we can get one to match up with more cold later in the season. Looks good for areas above 2000 feet though. 

• jburns unpinned this topic