• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9/10 Storm

stormtracker

As usual we did get the north trend at the end. It's a pretty good bet with southern stream systems. BUT the shift south between 100-72 hours out took us out of it. Had it still been targeting richmond and Charlottesville as the bullseye going into the last 72 hours we would be shoveling right now. Oh well. On to the next episode. 

22 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I JUST got home at 8, 1.5 hours for a normal 10 minute drive. This is just INCREDIBLE! I have 20.5 inches of snow on the day, 20 on the snowboard from 7 am (6:30)reading. It is STILL snowing but letting up. This is an epic fail on NWS, my forecast was 3-5 at 5, upped to 6-10 just before I left for work.

That's crazy. January 25, 2000 is the last time I can remember getting hit by a big surprise snowstorm. There's been some smaller to moderate events but nothing that big. What a great surprise!

21 hours ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Charlottesville gets into advisory level 3-5 locally to 6, EZF 1-2 locally to 3. Then sharp cutoff. Light precip echoes with flurries into DC and to NOVA best case snow setup. North of there...could even see thinning cirrus over the M/D line

Well you got the cutoff right I think... but CHO got 8-12 and EZF around 6". 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Running with a final total of 11.4” in Charlottesville based on what my friends are measuring. Wicked storm. Based on the number of photos and videos I’ve seen it’s almost like I was there.

Depends on where you are. Barracks Shopping center has a foot.

Took me an hour to clear a path to my car and get it out.

Local mets noted ratios were 20:1. Can definitely believe that. Was pure powder for hours.

1 hour ago, Mdecoy said:

Snow is apparently quite a rarity here. So a near miss storm at any point is very disappointing. It was December 9th last year too. Remember how that turned out?

If you want to be a glass half empty guy, then have at it. 

Last year turned out alright in my backyard, and probably yours too.