Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9/10 Storm

stormtracker

6 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Dare i say the CMC did a pretty good job along with the Euro. The GFS never really had the precip getting passed South of Frederiscksburg. But I’m currently getting my biggest snow in the last 2 years

FV3 GFS did MUCH better than regular GFS.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It is almost comical watching the snow just stop at I66. I made that call a few days ago as a joke. And this is what I get for saying it. The snow line is literally shaped EXACTLY like I66.

I made that same call couple days ago. Wasn't what I WANTED to make, but couldn't see if (snow) getting any further north.

Still snowing here, just looked out the front door of the building.  1-3 inch rates since 3 pm when we had 11! I'm gonna take a guess at 14-15, but once home I'll report.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just reading the comments about any similar cutoff, I wonder if anyone there can either remember or look up what happened with a big snowstorm that hit southeast VA on Feb 29 to Mar 1 1980, I remember it was very heavy snowfalls around Norfolk area (15-20") but don't recall what happened further north. I was working in the Accu-weather office that winter on a business project and probably sitting next to JB when this storm happened (he got so excited even then). Maybe there was a similar cutoff with that storm as I don't think it snowed in State College PA. 

5 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Just reading the comments about any similar cutoff, I wonder if anyone there can either remember or look up what happened with a big snowstorm that hit southeast VA on Feb 29 to Mar 1 1980, I remember it was very heavy snowfalls around Norfolk area (15-20") but don't recall what happened further north. I was working in the Accu-weather office that winter on a business project and probably sitting next to JB when this storm happened (he got so excited even then). Maybe there was a similar cutoff with that storm as I don't think it snowed in State College PA. 

I am west and a LITTLE north, had 11.2 inches between those dates here. 

• Thanks 1