Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9/10 Storm

stormtracker

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

They get a lot of mixed events typically. I think the avg annual snowfall there is around 9". They have been on a nice streak, but this one will probably end up being the biggest event in many years.

Some AFDs were as of a few days ago calling this storm and the predicted snowfall to be a generational snow event.

I imagine in some areas it truly is. Add the time of year, and it is an epic. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Just looked at all the 12z runs and it seems like the closest accumulating snow might be lower S MD over to about Cambridge and SBY, Maybe an inch or 2 if it comes down hard enough to overcome the mildish boundary layer. Places just north of there might see some stray flakes. I doubt even that makes it up to my yard.

At least the snowstorm busted for charlotte. Seeing mets down there calling this a bust. 

Just now, wxdude64 said:

That is one heck of a band from Martinsville to Wytheville and heading north.......

Saw a couple 3in/hr rate reports out of northern NC counties when it went thru on NWS Blacksburg's snow report.

Just started picking up here again. This one will easily push me over a foot.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NoVaWx said:

Sad. Ric will have more snow this season than dc. 

How do you know that for sure, man? El Nino would argue against that...(unless we have really bad luck, lol And looking at the upcoming pattern...the only way this subforum doesn't shovel is if we miss on all a lot of opportunities, lol)

18 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

How do you know that for sure, man? El Nino would argue against that...(unless we have really bad luck, lol And looking at the upcoming pattern...the only way this subforum doesn't shovel is if we miss on all a lot of opportunities, lol)

More snow To date. 

• Like 1