Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 9/10 Storm

stormtracker

59 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

They have totally crushed our area for snowfall the last few years. Odd. 

That's actually not true. The last time GSP received double digit snowfall in a season was 1992-93. So this storm really is historic for them.

EDIT: I checked the wrong town.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, yoda said:

00z UKMET meteogram is 5-6mm of snow at DCA

So this response is a bit late, but the 00z UKMET on weather.us has DC getting shut out, with the 5mm (0.2 in) line clearly south of the city, more in line with other 00z guidance.  That makes me wonder how geographically accurate the meteocentre maps and meteograms are.

I hope everyone who's getting snow enjoys it.  Looks like I'm on the wrong side of the DC snow shield for this one.

e8DeVLl.gif

16 minutes ago, Fozz said:

That's actually not true. The last time GSP received double digit snowfall in a season was 1992-93. So this storm really is historic for them.

My daughter lives there - I am not talking out of my ass - they’ve had two warning level events now the last two years that have dwarfed anything we’ve gotten. I know , because I am related to her and she sends pics and reports. You don’t always have to be contrarian.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cae said:

So this response is a bit late, but the 00z UKMET on weather.us has DC getting shut out, with the 5mm (0.2 in) line clearly south of the city, more in line with other 00z guidance.  That makes me wonder how geographically accurate the meteocentre maps and meteograms are.

I hope everyone who's getting snow enjoys it.  Looks like I'm on the wrong side of the DC snow shield for this one.

e8DeVLl.gif

If you want to know the northern extent of that push it will be to about the M in Manassas...that is about where I live.  Where is the Tylenol

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

My daughter lives there - I am not talking out of my ass - they’ve had two warning level events now the last two years that have dwarfed anything we’ve gotten. I know , because I am related to her and she sends pics and reports. You don’t always have to be contrarian.

My bad. I just realized I clicked on the wrong WFO and looked at the data for Greenville, SC instead. So, dumb mistake from me. :lol:

EDIT: Looks like they had a 7" storm last January and 8" storm the year before. And now this one. Damn.

7 minutes ago, Fozz said:

That's an amazing shot. Looks like at least 3"/hr rates.

Yes, it was coming down absurdly heavy. Could almost watch it pile up.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Now THAT is a snowstorm! Congrats. Reminds me of Jan 2016 here. 

That was a good one here, but definitely not as good as up there!

6 minutes ago, Fozz said:

My bad. I just realized I clicked on the wrong WFO and looked at the data for Greenville, SC instead. So, dumb mistake from me. :lol:

EDIT: Looks like they had a 7" storm last January and 8" storm the year before. And now this one. Damn.

They get a lot of mixed events typically. I think the avg annual snowfall there is around 9". They have been on a nice streak, but this one will probably end up being the biggest event in many years.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Continually reading this thread hoping for news that the storm is moving north is like watching the phone expecting Reese Witherspoon to call me.  It's not happening, yet I keep doing it

She is talking to Buddy1987 right now. She only talks to guys who actually get snow.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Right. She’s sent me a LOT of happy snow picks for now a third year in a row. I am happy for her, but...still. Also kinda bit by some jealousy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Continually reading this thread hoping for news that the storm is moving north is like watching the phone expecting Reese Witherspoon to call me.  It's not happening, yet I keep doing it

Just looked at all the 12z runs and it seems like the closest accumulating snow might be lower S MD over to about Cambridge and SBY, Maybe an inch or 2 if it comes down hard enough to overcome the mildish boundary layer. Places just north of there might see some stray flakes. I doubt even that makes it up to my yard.