Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9/10 Storm

stormtracker

1 minute ago, Westendsnowguy said:

You are usually a good poster, maybe you should take your bitterness to the LR thread to track another miss for DC

Not bitterness. I would feel bad if this storm was a close miss to the south down there. Hopefully Richmond proper can get a solid advisory event. 2-4 seems reasonable.

1 hour ago, NoVaWx said:

That one storm idk how many years ago was supposed to bring 4-8 up until onset then went to pa instead and we got rain/sleet. Still holding hope for accumulating snow especially in a nino. 100 mile shift is all it takes and we’ve seen that happen we can get as much as Richmond is supposed to

As a Philadelphian the one recent now cast event that bumped N on the day of the event was the infamous Eagles - Lions snow game. That was supposed to be a DC event with flurries up here. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

You look at the new satellite image from this morning, you wonder how in the hell that storm is gonna miss us to the South

It will be like a car hitting a giant wall at full speed.  Mother Nature tear down that wall. Flurries still on the table however so we can enjoy that...crack in the wall

Just now, usedtobe said:

If you need a crummy model to hang your hopes to look at the 12Z RGEM.   I don't think it's right but will keep me looking at the GFS and Euro today.

If I were south of D.C. I would still have an eye on it because you never know. How often have we seen a sneaky band set up north of projections 24 hours out. But for the rest of us any north trend only makes the miss more painful. 

Helps that it's early December and I have a lot of confidence we will get ours this year. If I was totally healthy I might consider talking the wife into a family snow road trip down 81 somewhere. Southwest VA looks like a good bet right now for a nice foot of snow and an easier escape then NC.  

15 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

As a Philadelphian the one recent now cast event that bumped N on the day of the event was the infamous Eagles - Lions snow game. That was supposed to be a DC event with flurries up here. 

Exactly 5 years ago to the day, if it's the event I think you're referring to. What a fun storm.

IIRC we were forecast 1-2" then zr, but a death band hit and many of us north of the cities ended up with 4-8". We had HECS-level snowfall rates for a little while.

9 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Route 28 wall.  I stopped on every frame.  I live north of Route 28.  Tomorrow should be a hoot. 

I'd bet conversational flakes make it as far north as the Potomac. 1 inch up to Fredericksburg.  Then Spotsy down thru Ashland 2-6 in that order. Not sure Richmond doesnt mix, but maybe 8+ west toward Farmville and south west. I am also not discounting a rogue band developing in central Montgomery County that stretches through Howard into Baltimore. It seems to happen during every storm in central Pennsylvania where they are seemingly not in the game but end up a doubling my snowfall.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I-66 wall

It could be the I-40 wall for all I care....as far as MBY goes.  I will be in DC tomorrow for the skins game...I'm sure it will feel and look like snow.  Would be great to a period of light snow during the game....probably a stretch though.

• Like 1