Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9/10 Storm

stormtracker

32 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

Pretty much a done deal. Southern VA to NC storm. It’s a lock. Don’t see this coming north at all, just too many factors working against it. 

I see a SMALL jog north potential, but the I-66 corridor might as well be the Great Wall of China. Bummer there isn't a better escape route/retreating H so the storm could make even a small curve north. 

4 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Interesting to see the trend how the ridge over central Canada strengthens.  At this rate, we'll have a better chance of the New England low dropping down to phase than the weak wave out of the central U.S.

ecmwf_z500a_namer_fh96_trend.gif

A few days ago we were all giddy that Boston wasn’t going to see a flake while we got buried. Talk about karma. It’s the New England low screwing us now! :angry:

This one stings a little because it is generally a textbook look, but we had a few pesky things not go our way. Just a bunch of annoying short waves all over the place. I actually personally feel the 2nd shortwave that misses the phase hurts us by kicking everything East. It would really suck if this was like Late Feb Early March, but we aren’t even thru mid Dec, long way to go of course. 

• Like 2