Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10 Storm Discussion

Holston_River_Rambler

6 minutes ago, Vol4Life said:

Hey Carvers...crush job even for the Central Valley?

Sorry about that.  I need to be more specific.  I used to hate that when were in another forum, and I could never tell which area anyone meant.  No fault of anyone there, I just couldn't tell.  That was a for NE TN posters.  But here is the map so you should be able to find your county...Last run of the NAM prior to the event looks good.  Looks like some of those crazy Euro runs.   I will take half that and be happy!

1000229889_ScreenShot2018-12-08at9_07_32PM.png.505b13fe984789b72f8ecce1edafeba3.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Flash* said:

Anyone recommend I call an audible? 

If I were going to go to Jacksboro, TN from out your way, I'd just keep on keeping and go to Ewing, VA (maybe 45 more min) and hike up to White Rocks overlook (3 miles). In fact, if I had the time tomorrow (if you have 4 wheel drive, you might be able to talk me into it) and thought my car could do the last .5 mile to the parking area, I'd be there. Over 3000 feet and likely no one but you. 

1 minute ago, Carvers Gap said:

Sorry about that.  I need to be more specific.  I used to hate that when were in another forum, and I could never tell which area anyone meant.  No fault of anyone there, I just couldn't tell.  That was a for NE TN posters.  But here is the map so you should be able to find your county...Last run of the NAM prior to the event looks good.  Looks like some of those crazy Euro runs.   I will take half that and be happy!

1000229889_ScreenShot2018-12-08at9_07_32PM.png.505b13fe984789b72f8ecce1edafeba3.png

Awesome!  Thanks Carvers!

1 minute ago, Windspeed said:

I have heavy sleet coming down right now. Surprised as it's 39°. The column must be cooling rapidly. I am about 10 miles just south of Bristol.

I’m at 38 in Maryville with all rain. Heavy dbz incoming

Just now, PowellVolz said:

Good that it’s changing over without high rates.

Hopefully it holds.  I mean its not overpowering by any means.  I gave it another check.  Looks like very light sleet, rain, and snow.  You can hear it hit the leaves that are still in the trees.  And yes, I have the last two trees on the EC that are slow to drop their leaves.  LOL.

• Like 3

Hopefully it holds.  I mean its not overpowering by any means.  I gave it another check.  Looks like very light sleet, rain, and snow.  You can hear it hit the leaves that are still in the trees.  And yes, I have the last two trees on the EC that are slow to drop their leaves.  LOL.
I had a burst of heavy sleet for about five minutes and now it's light. Again, expected only light rain at this point, hence my comment that the column must be cooling fast. Hopefully this means we will miss a significant duration of freezing rain.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic