• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 'Tis the Season Banter Thread 2018-2019

Carvers Gap

A'ight (© Jeremy Pruitt) now, I need y'all's help. Y'all know I don't ask for much, but this is important...at least to me. A week from Wednesday (Feb 6th) I leave TRI and fly to Vancouver, BC. Once there I'm rendezvousing with a special lady friend and 4 members of her family & the next morning we fly from Vancouver to Cancun for a week. That's right; this East TN redneck is going from arctic cold to 80 degree Gulf of Mexico sun! Now, the favor. No, I'm not asking for a donation to a Go Fund Me page to cover possible bail money in Mexico...actually that's not a bad idea, but I digress...nor am I asking for help paying for the 5 gallon bucket of sunscreen I'm going to need since it's February and I look like I've been wading in Clorox...and I'm definitely not asking y'all to chip in to buy my Lady a new pair of glasses, which I promise I didn't destroy (twice) to prevent her from getting a good look at me in focus...  All I ask is that while the entire forum is getting whipped up into a frenzy doing a "bring on the arctic, thundersnow, Antediluvian style blizzard of apocalyptic proportions" dance, could you please, PLEASE exempt an airplane's width path out of TRI for me on the 6th??? That's all I'm asking! Well, if I could have the ability to make it to the TRI that morning without having to ride a mammoth, that'd be great too. 

I'm coming back on the 16th but don't rightly care if I make it back on time or not, so taking care of the 6th alone will be great! Thanks in advance for your help... :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

RE: Grant Williams, many mock drafts, which fall somewhere between crabgrass and 384 hr GFS on the usefulness scale, project him going in the low-20s and Schofield in the upper-20s. I could see a team like Portland, who seems to be perpetually short on depth at wing, using a pick on him. His jumper isn't bad; he has good form. He's 36% from three (9/25), which seems to be a result of utilization more than lack of ability.

His body and game reminds me somewhat of Draymond Green at Michigan State. Compare Dray's senior season to Grant's current season; the numbers are eerily similar. (Data from Sports Reference CBB)

image.thumb.png.5343192adc598cac9f9ceada5c05244e.png

• Like 1

Trying to recall the last high ratio snow event that scored over 4 inches at tri.  I know there must been a few good ones but i am drawing blanks.  Along those lines, have we ever recorded a foot or more with high ratios? 

That basketball game wasn't as stressful, lol!

I'm very superstitious about snow so please don't take this too seriously:

Kiss of death for me for the upcoming storm was when the TV stations in Knoxville started honking on it yesterday. Say what you want, but in my experience, we get better snows when they creep up on people. Unless it's 93. Then...yeah... but that ain't happening again for a while. 

The good news is that either:

A. TV Stations will back off based on NWP trends and we get last minute positive trends.

OR

B. Big bust incoming to set us up for the big storm later that no one believes until 24 hours out. 

• Like 1

Apologies, was meant as more of a sarcastic jab at them since it seemed you didn't like that forum. Thought you would appreciate it. Shows what I know. 

I made that comment before you called it the psyche ward, so I meant no take on anyone's mental state, just to be clear on my end.  

If you are so tried of them, why do you constantly check on them and tell us about it? I actually enjoy the banter over there and if I didn't like it, I wouldn't go there. If they banned me, I believe I'd stop caring. 

11 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

Tennessee would beat Kansas today. KU is missing Azubuike. Kentucky is gelling now. I can't wait for the UT UK games!

Kansas is definitely missing the inside presence of Azubuike. It didn't look like either team played particularly well, but I’m just glad UK got the win at home. Best of luck to Kansas the rest of the way.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BillT said:

is there any website where the actual WEATHER is discussed?????    

Hey, Bill.  That's what the pattern threads are for.  Banter is for all things non-weather related even though some of them touch on weather.  Even the pattern threads can get a little dicey at times when the weather isn't particularly exciting.