Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

1 minute ago, Upstatescweather said:

Thanks Mackerel just trying to learn some and trying to get involved in convo but thanks for clearing that up for me just know it is hard as hell to get what we need around here lol

I agree with that! There are storms where we are waiting on cold to come across the mountains, and they don’t work out 99% of the time

9 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Seems more to me that the EURO continues to stay south... where as the GFS and FV3 GFS is staying more north.

Definitely true. But at least as of 6z, I haven’t looked at 12z yet, the OP GFS is among the furthest north of its suite. GEFS supports a southern solution at least for now.

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

Euro is definitely slower than the gfs and some of the other models. Slowest of the group in getting this storm in here. That’s another factor to fine tune 

It will sound weenie-ish, but the stronger the southern wave, the slower it will likely track...and the models tend to underestimate a healthy wave like this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, griteater said:

It will sound weenie-ish, but the stronger the southern wave, the slower it will likely track...and the models tend to underestimate a healthy wave like this

So essentially the comma head will be more expansive in your opinion when the time frame gets closer because of the strength and magnitude of this thing? 

Just now, griteater said:

Final

ZV3pV9L.png

Take it the bank, Mecklenburg minimum of “only” 12-15” is over my house while just 5 miles due west across the river gets you in 20”+ totals.  That’s an amazing clown map! Sounds like the H5 maps were tantalizing close to something even more special, if that’s actually possible.