Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

14 minutes ago, mrdaddyman said:

Believe me, you don't want to see it. The track was further South but it's trip up the coast after that is not a good track for us.

UKMET_TotalSnow_SE_12z_18-12-04_Hr144.png

That looks awesome for Upstate SC and NE Ga. Further south track and better wedge signature is what we're rooting for here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The new FV3 snowmap shows a hole developing in South central VA north of GSO. This usually happens when there is a transfer to a coastal low and the initial low "skips over" during transfer. The topography of the blue ridge often marks the western edge of the hole which tends to be triangular from MT. Airy >Roanoke>GSO>.  I don't see a transfer to a new low, but the feature on the ground is appearing

Just now, Upstatescweather said:

Yep I am in lower half of Greenville sc and it is so hard watching for trends to go our way bc even if it does we have those dang mountains holding the cold air up from getting here 

That’s not how damming works! CAD cold air comes from VA, and mountains don’t block it, they help it funnel down

10 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

That’s not how damming works! CAD cold air comes from VA, and mountains don’t block it, they help it funnel down

Thanks Mackerel just trying to learn some and trying to get involved in convo but thanks for clearing that up for me just know it is hard as hell to get what we need around here lol