Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

1 minute ago, WidreMann said:

12z GFS looks stronger with the northern stream system coming in late week and weaker with the system over the SW. I suspect we'll see a suppressed track as the model begins to lose the storm. We'll see if I'm right.

1 minute ago, Wow said:

12z GFS so far more separation between the jets at 126.  Don't want much interaction between the two while it works east.

GFS looks really good this run at 500mb out to 141.  Sfc high at 1037 over E Iowa and sfc low in far SE TX

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

As much as I hate to say this, as I’ve lived and gone to school in Columbia, this storm isn’t going to do much for areas south of a line from Clemson to Rock Hill. Now, that could change and we’re way out but it would take seismic changes for anywhere in the midlands to see more than a very slight glaze. 

This is 100% factual.  

• Thanks 1

Big 1037 HP at 150hr sprawling over the low, centered over WI !. Yesterday's runs were over NE or just offshore  Cold air is ready and waiting. HP isn't going to slide out on this run.  Snow breaking out over NE GA and NW SC.  Low over New Orleans.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Thats a beaut Clark!  Classic everything! 

Careful man don’t be unrealistic and get your hopes up or speak truth on what the models are showing around here. Might be taken out of context. :rolleyes: 

Anywho, 12z gfs is a beast of a storm for most the forum. Will leave my analysis short and sweet.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jjwxman said:

Taken verbatim the GFS drops 6-8 over the Triad before it changes to rain... But I’m not so sure I buy the switch over to rain along and west of the I-85 Corridor. Who knows... :wacko2:

F4F3892A-0256-4062-B885-E2CA044D8E0E.png

With the ample HP to the north, CAD should be locked into place NW of 85.  This is gonna be a snow or no event with a crazy sharp cutoff somewhere between Burlington and Durham.  We've seen this movie before!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Careful man don’t be unrealistic and get your hopes up or speak truth on what the models are showing around here. Might be taken out of context. :rolleyes: 

Anywho, 12z gfs is a beast of a storm for most the forum. Will leave my analysis short and sweet.

Lol, only place outside of DC where "truth" has a shorter shelf life is this weather board and my kid's snapchat.  We get 6 hour doses of reality.

2 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

With the ample HP to the north, CAD should be locked into place NW of 85.  This is gonna be a snow or no event with a crazy sharp cutoff somewhere between Burlington and Durham.  We've seen this movie before!

You nailed it pal. At least Travelers Rest is a short drive for my little family