Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,393
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX
    Joined
Orangeburgwx

December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Recommended Posts

Ok, I see now (although DPs also seem higher vs. 12z run). Will be interested to see how total QPF compares -- seems like more precip was lost in this run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beanskip said:

Ok, I see now (although DPs also seem higher vs. 12z run). Will be interested to see how total QPF compares -- seems like more precip was lost in this run. 

as in almost 12 hours of precip compared to timing on globals, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beanskip said:

Ok, I see now (although DPs also seem higher vs. 12z run). Will be interested to see how total QPF compares -- seems like more precip was lost in this run. 

Nah... really didn't lose that much to virga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temps aloft were better at the start because of slightly better high placement, so you just need the precip to start in order to drag them down to surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are going to like this run I think. Onset is later, but temps seem way better, and there's plenty of moisture being pulled in with a high right to the north. Seems like it might be a weenie FV-3 type run...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happens whoever gets all snow is just going to get crushed. AVL looks to get demolished on this run. GSP probably also cashes in. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RTPGiants said:

People are going to like this run I think. Onset is later, but temps seem way better, and there's plenty of moisture being pulled in with a high right to the north. Seems like it might be a weenie FV-3 type run...

My only complaint is, as I understand, a more consolidated low may push up mid level temps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, franklin NCwx said:

This is gonna be one of those nam runs of the past!!

Couldn’t agree more getting me giddy seeing the precip to my west and southwest on that run. Maybe this is the time frame Grit, myself and a lot of other people mentioned the precip shield correctly portraying this beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DopplerWx said:

temps much warmer at 45 than 12z though. a lot of frz rain and sleet.

I'm sort of hoping that with so much heavy precip the models just really aren't picking up total column cooling. Either way gonna be a look out the window and see situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Whatever happens whoever gets all snow is just going to get crushed. AVL looks to get demolished on this run. GSP probably also cashes in. 

GSP cashes in alright....with power outages. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, burgertime said:

I'm sort of hoping that with so much heavy precip the models just really aren't picking up total column cooling. Either way gonna be a look out the window and see situation. 

by hr 30 clt looks to be a snow sounding but it is very close. i think a lot of these shifts in rain/sleet/snow line is from the varying precip rates with each run moving north and south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Precip is much more expansive at 48 into eastern KY. Gonna be a great run for northern areas that are close to the fringe line this go around. RIC to ROA and down to the NC mountains are getting smoked! Low is literally JUST south of CHS, whereas 12z already had it e/se of Wilmington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×