Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

1 minute ago, PackWxMan said:

1806356986_ScreenShot2018-12-08at4_56_46PM.thumb.png.07d30c08c6d0f50a8f7528cd53a85cef.png941833983_ScreenShot2018-12-08at4_54_34PM.thumb.png.79c9e3fbbf1befdd7e4d5582939f02fa.png

Coming into scope now... Sleet and Rain (both normal and freezing) the primary elements in CLT. Strong SWly jet going to be too much and will help erode CAD aloft.

Regardless that amount of sleet and ZR would worry me. If it busts just slightly with the ZR to rain ratio it would be some nice power outages there.

5 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Looks like I am right on the 4 to 8 line with RAH. GFS looked awesome this way. 

Looks like from the discussion they arent downscaling really even with the Euro not being as sexy as people wanted. I’m near the RDU Airport and Umstead Park. 

Precip is smashing into a brick wall across TN and NC.  Any thoughts on whether or not this may end up being our initial SN/IP battle line until later tomorrow as the warm nose starts to creep in? If so, that puts CLT squarely in the ice zone and the rest of the central and NW piedmont all snow for quite a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Precip is smashing into a brick wall across TN and NC.  Any thoughts on whether or not this may end up being our initial SN/IP battle line until later tomorrow as the warm nose starts to creep in? If so, that puts CLT squarely in the ice zone and the rest of the central and NW piedmont all snow for quite a while.

Pretty sure this was always the case. Very dry air at the NC/SC state line that will take a while to saturate. I still believe like always the battle line will be I-85 give or take 10 miles either way.

2 hours ago, burgertime said:

Here is the HRR snow map... 

5c0c2e642001d.png

In my dreams man! I wish! I fear the mixing. I think these heavy bands rolling in will cool it off enough for at least a couple of hours of wet snow before back and forth mixing. Thanks for Posting on here the past couple of days!

• jburns unpinned this topic