Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

3k is your best bet in these instances. Which speaking of I was about to post the 34hr 3k has the low just a little further north up in southeastern AL/Panhandle of FL. Great moisture influx streaming up the Appalachians and into NC. Looks like snow for sure most of NC (CLT) included. 1034 HP sitting west of Harrisburg, PA.

The exit angle heading, will affect yall as far as qpf and Brick in regards to waa alot. Its a royal back yard snow rumble between the shenandoah crowd and the triangle snow hole crowd.

While the coming snow is the major story for parts of the Southeast, the storm is also likely to dump a widespread 1"-3" precipitation. As a result, 2018 could rank among the 15 wettest years on record in numerous cities in the region. Already, Wilmington, NC has had its wettest year on record, by far. The 95.83" precipitation that has fallen this year has easily surpassing the previous record of 83.65", which was set way back in 1877.

Precipitation12072018.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

The exit angle heading, will affect yall as far as qpf and Brick in regards to waa alot. Its a royal back yard snow rumble between the shenandoah crowd and the triangle snow hole crowd.

I can’t even do a pbp for the 3k. That low is jumping around like a darn hot potato. Taken at face value I would def take it for my area.

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

While the coming snow is the major story for parts of the Southeast, the storm is also likely to dump a widespread 1"-3" precipitation. As a result, 2018 could rank among the 15 wettest years on record in numerous cities in the region. Already, Wilmington, NC has had its wettest year on record, by far. The 95.83" precipitation that has fallen this year has easily surpassing the previous record of 83.65", which was set way back in 1877.

Precipitation12072018.jpg

180 Hrs out - ATL could get 5+ more inches.

prec.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

So Buddy what your suggestion is the 3k should have better handle 5H placements and thermo profiles better than 12k. Is that right

Yes that would be my assumption with it. It had a great track once it got going east of Savannah but then played hop scotch over the Atlantic lol! That should promote some form of southeast flow with that track and at least aid in lift for a little. Honestly if I got 8” I’d be tickled. 

4 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Yes that would be my assumption with it. It had a great track once it got going east of Savannah but then played hop scotch over the Atlantic lol! That should promote some form of southeast flow with that track and at least aid in lift for a little. Honestly if I got 8” I’d be tickled. 

Appreciate. Ill be suprised if yall dont end up with.75+ QPF. We all know when the dust settles from the mtns to the sea whos gonna end up with 20+ and he resides in Surry County NC. Hes been quietly lurking. Busy Getting film in his polaroid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• jburns unpinned this topic