Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

1 hour ago, SnowNiner said:

I was about to say the same.  It's on an island by itself.  It's either a genius or a doofus, and every storm in the future we'll know how serious to take that model one way or another. 

I'd love it to be right...

Its accurate cause its showing 1.5 to 2 inches qpf and all frozen. Its not catching the diff in sleet,snow frzng rn. But its dead on in highlighting the area thats gone stay all frozen. Remarkable job in that regard. Just gotta read between the lines that the qpf is there and surface temps for 12 to 20 inches of snow. It might miss thermal up above head, warm nose, but its had the right idea all along and zeroed in from several days ago.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

I need details... pics?!?

where are these off hour euro runs? Storm vista?

You sure are needy  :lol:

For you it jerked the 850 0 deg below you for a 6 hr period during peak storm. For CLT, it was south of us a good bit of the storm.  I’m away at the moment 

Yes on Vista. Weathermodels has it too

• Like 4

That makes two of us watching from afar, though you are much farther away. Is it still unseasonably warm out in western Europe?
I'm watching from northern Illinois. We are moving to Chapel Hill next summer, so I wasn't expecting this. LOL, we already had a blizzard and 10" of snow this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are leaving for Asheville from Clemson tomorrow morning. Going to the Biltmore House during the afternoon and hope to spend some time down town in the evening. Our hotel will be on tunnel road. How well does the DOT keep roads clear in that area? We will be riding in a Jeep wrangler. Our plans are to leave around 8am Sunday morning to head back home. The hotel would not let us cancel or move our date out, so we are going to go for it. 

Just now, etownshane said:

We are leaving for Asheville from Clemson tomorrow morning. Going to the Biltmore House during the afternoon and hope to spend some time down town in the evening. Our hotel will be on tunnel road. How well does the DOT keep roads clear in that area? We will be riding in a Jeep wrangler. Our plans are to leave around 8am Sunday morning to head back home. The hotel would not let us cancel or move our date out, so we are going to go for it. 

you'll be fine

7 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Who’s a good pbp person that has good mojo with the terms “much colder” and “much more snow”?  Application toward Raleigh a plus.

Sref is picking up on some Monday morning snow this run. This has been the model showing the least the whole time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JQPublic said:

How did FV3 handle that NE Nov snow recently?

Previous Pennsylvania poster said it nailed its 10 inch forecast while local mets were calling for 3.  However I believe it went a little overboard with its ice/snow maps for the freezing rain in the mountains a few weeks back, may have been a TT issue.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic