Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

Just now, No snow for you said:

The GFS FV3 refuses to budge. If it verifies it will be the new king. It did well from what I remember with the hurricanes. 

I really don’t see ice being a problem in the Upstate, as far as freezing rain goes. I’d be willing to bet we don’t get below 33/34 south of 85 and may get some sleet, snow if we’re very lucky. But starting and spending most of tomorrow in the 40s and not the strongest wedge in the world, guess we will see

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Wow said:

Kuchera map for the FV3 thru 54.. 

The FV3 is going to be put to the test big time with this system. It has been so persistent with totals its almost crazy. A lot of people looking at those numbers are expecting those numbers and could be highly disappointed if it isn't right.

2 minutes ago, shaggy said:

The FV3 is going to be put to the test big time with this system. It has been so persistent with totals its almost crazy. A lot of people looking at those numbers are expecting those numbers and could be highly disappointed if it isn't right.

Trust me I've been there.  My motto: Sleet destroys dreams.

• Like 2

I was about to say the same.  It's on an island by itself.  It's either a genius or a doofus, and every storm in the future we'll know how serious to take that model one way or another. 

I'd love it to be right...

I doubt anyone In here is expecting those numbers, I’m certainly not.

• Like 1

Does what's happening in the midwest have any bearing on things here as far as the precip shield? OKC on Wednesday (per the AFD) was calling for 2"-4" with banding of 6" or more. Today,

a trend of keeping
more significant precipitation tonight and tomorrow along and
south of the Red river.

I’m ok with about .10 freezing rain after snow.  Awesome view when the sun rises with a little ice on the trees and coating the snow making everything glisten.  

That’s pretty common here to get freezing drizzle after losing saturation in the dendrite growth region.

• jburns unpinned this topic