Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

14 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

I'd check the counties. Cause my WSW just issued by them covers portions of Western NC, NW upstate, and far NE GA and it has a ridiculously wide range of 2 to 17 inches.

I noticed that too - a huge discrepancy in elevation in their cwa. They usually separate out into several different, more specific language though. I have never seen them that combined (at least that I can remember). I do find it odd how their warning language does not really seem to match their accumulation maps

Talk About perfect timing. Leaving work by GSO airport and the thick milk clouds that hung in all day are vanishing. Should be able to radiate for a brief period next couple hours before cloud deck rolls back in.  Havent noticed any ne breeze at all, figured hp would start sending a little breeze down the east side of apps before long

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NEGa said:

I noticed that too - a huge discrepancy in elevation in their cwa. They usually separate out into several different, more specific language though. I have never seen them that combined (at least that I can remember). I do find it odd how their warning language does not really seem to match their accumulation maps

I think the hard part is that, at least in Rabun county the gradient could be that tight between the far SW portion of the county up to around the Sky Valley/Rabun Bald area. So the warning for the county literally has to have that high of a discrepancy. But definitely the biggest one I've ever seen.

Reports to the west of warmer mid levels than modeling showed. Nam going north, GFS calming down. All we can hope for is the FV3 and Euro hold. That’s all sleet tho. This is a sleet of r cold rain for majority of us regardless of what models show. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, PackWxMan said:

Reports to the west of warmer mid levels than modeling showed. Nam going north, GFS calming down. All we can hope for is the FV3 and Euro hold. That’s all sleet tho. This is a sleet of r cold rain for majority of us regardless of what models show. 

LOL remember that when western piedmont and foothills get over a foot 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PackWxMan said:

Just 3 hours ago you were getting upset at RAH for not calling for enough snow. Now you're back to cold rain? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PackWxMan said:

I intend to agree with you. Checking upstream now 

• Sad 1

Yeah. Western N.C. will see snow. However the majority of us in NC are in the metro areas. CLT / Raleigh and even greensboro. 

I like the runs yesterday but today it’s been a nose dive into warmer temps aloft and fading precipitation at the hands of the CAD. All good. It’s early dec. plenty more months. Sleetfest 2018 incoming. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, PackWxMan said:

Yeah. Western N.C. will see snow. However the majority of us in NC are in the metro areas. CLT / Raleigh and even greensboro. 

I like the runs yesterday but today it’s been a nose dive into warmer temps aloft and fading precipitation at the hands of the CAD. All good. It’s early dec. plenty more months. Sleetfest 2018 incoming. 

GSO should get plenty of snow

• jburns unpinned this topic