Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

Just now, RTPGiants said:

People are going to like this run I think. Onset is later, but temps seem way better, and there's plenty of moisture being pulled in with a high right to the north. Seems like it might be a weenie FV-3 type run...

My only complaint is, as I understand, a more consolidated low may push up mid level temps.

Just now, franklin NCwx said:

This is gonna be one of those nam runs of the past!!

Couldn’t agree more getting me giddy seeing the precip to my west and southwest on that run. Maybe this is the time frame Grit, myself and a lot of other people mentioned the precip shield correctly portraying this beast.

1 minute ago, burgertime said:

I'm sort of hoping that with so much heavy precip the models just really aren't picking up total column cooling. Either way gonna be a look out the window and see situation. 

by hr 30 clt looks to be a snow sounding but it is very close. i think a lot of these shifts in rain/sleet/snow line is from the varying precip rates with each run moving north and south.

Precip is much more expansive at 48 into eastern KY. Gonna be a great run for northern areas that are close to the fringe line this go around. RIC to ROA and down to the NC mountains are getting smoked! Low is literally JUST south of CHS, whereas 12z already had it e/se of Wilmington.

1 minute ago, kelani said:

No automatic alt text available.

I know it's a high-end map, and also keeping my excitement in check, but have to say that for the first time since I can remember, Caldwell county looks like a great place to be for all the snows.

Right below you in Burke county in Valdese feel the same way.

https://twitter.com/wxbrad/status/1071132659710091264

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beanskip said:

That's one of the scariest maps I've seen on these boards. Greenville and Spartanburg would never been the same -- and Charlotte/Rock Hill wouldn't be much better. 

Yeah 1.39 ZR = be prepared to not have power for a week. There's going to be an unlucky ice zone it seems, just hope it isn't that large and doesn't last that long.

• jburns unpinned this topic