Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

Just now, SnowDawg said:

I'm viewing on WxBell so I'm not sure about the rules on me sharing that but I will say for your location your mean is probably around a foot maybe a little more on that run. Compare that to the last run where it was probably 9 or so and then even better if you consider how far north the 12z run went when that areas mean dropped all the way to around 5-6. So a pretty substatial trend south over the last 2 GEFS runs.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. This is what I was THINKING on the mean. This sounds awesome and hoping it is a trend that will stick. For it to show in this timeframe is great. I know from tracking storms from WWB and since the inception of American Weather, I have seen CAD perform colder than progged, I am feeling this in my gut for this system. Thanks again and good luck! 

11 minutes ago, griteater said:

That's a long event

ocb8QZC.gif

Grit, 

Correct me if I am wrong, but we are on the cusp of a DOOZY of a storm for our areas, if this verifies. I mean...this is a long duration with more snow than mixing. Correct? I also notice the other Models starting to move in the direction of the FV3-GFS. No? Thank you for putting this together. Looks awesome! 

3 minutes ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

Yes^ Thanks Grit. The Euro at 96 looks weird, just drops the low back south and east and the temps, why is there no 850 crash across the Carolinas as the low departs ots?

Chris Justus mentioned this in his live video earlier that he was not buying the temps on the backside of the storm on the Euro. Said he didn't understand why the temps weren't crashing with the flip to a North wind and the ULL feature moving in too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UNCCmetgrad said:

Here it is along with ice accumulations. Not sure whats going on with the ice map east of Raleigh.

ukmetsnow.png

ukmetice.png

Thank you man still in the 12 plus range so brad Ps forecast of 9-14 feels about right for my area giving tonight's run just waiting on how euro stacks up. :P

I am rooting for the FV3-GFS ALL. THE. WAY! That is too good to be true, albeit, it has been the MOST consistent model the ENTIRE time. Wow posted a comparison earlier which was eye opening. What to think? I cannot get over it. I know NWS and all the other Meteorologists are like "which way to go?" 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Chris Justus mentioned this in his live video earlier that he was not buying the temps on the backside of the storm on the Euro. Said he didn't understand why the temps weren't crashing with the flip to a North wind and the ULL feature moving in too.

Probably because the airmass behind it really isn't all that different. What cold air does it have to tap into? 

gfs_T850a_us_20.thumb.png.c6ae4bd1875d01bf06ee5d2c38c670b2.png

• jburns unpinned this topic