• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

It seems as though all the models are starting to follow suite with the original FV3 model, which has not changed much since it first came out. The NAM and CMC are starting to fill in just like the FV3. Even the original GFS is starting to follow. Storm track lower, High pressure stronger=incredible situation. Now if we can avoid the CAD from killing the moisture.

Just now, SnowDawg said:

GEFS mean snowfall came south again, and put slightly higher totals in western NC around Asheville and surrounding areas.

Do you happen to have a map on the totals? I know they are fantasy, but I want to see these #'s and compare to Wow's post earlier, where he took a compilation of all of the runs. Heck...it is nice to dream a little dream anyways. LOL. Thank you in advance. 

13 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I’m not liking the shift south for us folks in NW NC and S Va. if the Euro shifts south imma gonna be very concerned! Until then I’ll hug the CMC emoji4.png

We are still in good shape easily 8-12 maybe towards 14 inches. Even with the bump south. :) Brad P even said areas in the Foothills and Mountains could see local 20 inch amounts :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

You are a good bit SW of me, much closer to the moisture! 

My bad for some reason I thought you was down in Rutherford county below me.

Edit: Still think we are both fine unless something drastic happens in our 48 hour less window before go time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I’m not liking the shift south for us folks in NW NC and S Va. if the Euro shifts south imma gonna be very concerned! Until then I’ll hug the CMC emoji4.png

There's the post we've been looking for.  Nice!  Straight up, I love where you are located with this one (as usual).  Precip is going to be farther north than currently shown IMO even if the track is the same...and you have better ratios there...just wait it out

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Rankin5150 said:

Do you happen to have a map on the totals? I know they are fantasy, but I want to see these #'s and compare to Wow's post earlier, where he took a compilation of all of the runs. Heck...it is nice to dream a little dream anyways. LOL. Thank you in advance. 

I'm viewing on WxBell so I'm not sure about the rules on me sharing that but I will say for your location your mean is probably around a foot maybe a little more on that run. Compare that to the last run where it was probably 9 or so and then even better if you consider how far north the 12z run went when that areas mean dropped all the way to around 5-6. So a pretty substatial trend south over the last 2 GEFS runs.

• Thanks 1

• jburns unpinned this topic