Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

15 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

SREF snow mean for CLT remained at about 4.5”

Looks like it actually ticked up about .4", from 4.21" and plumes done snowing at 15 compared to 4.61" and some plumes still snowing.  HKY went from 11.98" to 9.73" but again, more plumes showing it still showing it snowing.  

1 minute ago, PackGrad05 said:

Greg Fishel doing a live stream now and I completely agree with him.  Temperatures just aren't great for Wake.  Lots of rain.  Wet or slushy roads at times, not icy.  

I'd be surprised at more than 1" in Wake.

Yes, I agree.  We'll see some snow at the beginning but think we will switch to rain at some point.  Once I saw the warm nose, I knew it was the kiss of death.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, griteater said:

For the city of Charlotte right now, I would go with 1-3 inches of snow/sleet/slop, then up to an inch of snow at the end via slow to exit snow showers on the backside. Tough forecast though given what I think will be hefty precip totals.

I can’t even imagine. That front end thump does well and it blows the whole thing. If the thump underperforms, you might not even get that. That isn’t even to mention potential for damaging ZR in SE CLT.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic