Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

4 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Deep Thunder Model

IMG_20181206_145609.jpg

I keep seeing this model tossed into the discussion.  I think it has been around since the mid 90's but is it still considered experimental? Is it private B2B subscription model?  Just wondering with over 20 years of data and tweaking, who is actually using it?

Allans map matches up well with my thinking for the Triad region. Im in B and miss A by about 10-15 miles max. But he's spot on. This will be the biggest event since atleast February 28,2004 in Randolph county when we experienced 17-19 inches of snow and January 2000 the crusher witch had most of the county in 13-18 inches of snow.

6 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Allans map matches up well with my thinking for the Triad region. Im in B and miss A by about 10-15 miles max. But he's spot on. This will be the biggest event since atleast February 28,2004 in Randolph county when we experienced 17-19 inches of snow and January 2000 the crusher witch had most of the county in 13-18 inches of snow.

Hmm, I don't know.  It's not been a trend, but today's runs were pretty poor with their shifting north and turning a bit warmer.  The problem has always been I'm RIGHT on the line.  So no there's not going to be huge changes I don't think.  But a 2 degree change is all the difference for CLT and Raleigh.  Again I don't know if I've actually seen a trend persay, but the EURO (once it hit the coast), GFS, and NAM got warmer.  So I'm not confident until I see something go the other way. 

If Allan put that map out after the 12 runs I'd be surprised. I think they could end up being really high. 

• jburns unpinned this topic