Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

3 minutes ago, Poimen said:

Dude...no offense but you're as predictable as the day is long. We are willing to concede that you are on record poo-pooing this entire event for everyone who is in it while you only dream of snow in Wilmington. 

I grew up in Fayetteville. I have seen my share of good snow. I only point out what the models are doing.  You know the truth. Sorry if that crushes your dreams. 

• Like 1

Definitely seem to be trends taking snow out of the forecast for Charlotte to RDU.  We were borderline anyways.  Could tack back in with future (and other) model runs but we are seeing this over a couple 12z models now.  Canadian coming in stronger though towards NC overall so there is that I guess.

5 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Definitely seem to be trends taking snow out of the forecast for Charlotte to RDU.  We were borderline anyways.  Could tack back in with future (and other) model runs but we are seeing this over a couple 12z models now.  Canadian coming in stronger though towards NC overall so there is that I guess.

GFS honestly isnt bad either. I'm thinking this NAM run will end up being fluky. 

• Like 1

Meteorology is different than modelology.  Models can say one thing, but looking at the actual pattern and understanding what can actually happen is why meteorologists have their job.

Surface temps as well as temperatures aloft have been suspect to me for RDU the entire week.  A clown map should be used to see where the heaviest snow will fall, while ignoring amounts.  

To me, central NC may see some snow, but will mostly be a cold rain with maybe some sleet pellets mixed in at times.  I would be SHOCKED for anyone in Wake to see more than 1 inch of snow on the ground, and you may want to snap a photo of it if it happens because the rain after will wash it away.        

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• jburns unpinned this topic