Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

8 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Getting better and better for us Cad areas! Looking forward to some juicy Nam runs

yeah this run finally looks like it bought a clue. There have been times the models have shown some cooling of the mid levels over the heart of the cad regions and it's something to watch for as we get closer...could mean more snow/sleet further south than expected. I wouldn't be surprised to see snow/sleet mixing here at times. What i wouldn't give for just 1 or 2 more degrees cooling aloft. 

17 minutes ago, Wow said:

While waiting for the FV3 beyond 90, here's a trend loop.  I love watching models discover CAD.

S6qWaCS.gif

I think if you change the toggle on TT from "MSLP & Precip (Rain/Frozen)" to "Radar (Rain/Frozen)" you can see the radar on the FV3 out to 210.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UNCCmetgrad said:

18Z FV3 gets some fzrn all the way back to Atlanta this run. Significant icing NE Ga, most of Upstate to areas south and east of CLT.

pretty fun looking run right into next week....although not much fun about damaging ice....although i'm hopeful that sleet might save the day for areas north of athens while snow could pile up north of 85 if this run is to be believed. 

very wet run though...nearly 3 inches of liquid close to here and approaching 3 inches in western nc. 

qpf_acc.us_se.png

5 minutes ago, timnc910 said:

out to 102 of the fv3 gfs the snow fall mean has shifted south a good bit. if you go back and compare the previous runs the southern trend that Wow pointed out is clearly noticeable

Hoping that trend continues so more of upstate SC can cash in. Definitely different seeing a continued southern trend. Use to it trending North, but still plenty of time for that to happen unfortunately.