• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

If anyone has any ointment, you might want to start looking for flies.  Climo says no, history says no.  I wont bet against those two ever when something this unprecedented comes along.  

We dont get historic, Sierra Nevada snows in December with marginal temps, 48 hour duration and uncannily perfect timing of two systems.  It just.doesnt.happen.

So where's that fly?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

Remember folks, if the gradient isn't running through the heart of Wake County, then you can toss that snowmap. It's not verifying. 

I almost said this exact same thing.  When I saw the the gradient running through Wake County I said this will verify...LOL!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ILMRoss said:

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_24.png

A thought on this... There's a lot of convective feedback off the coast here... Look at the pattern of the pressure contours! I think the models are going to have a LOT of trouble with this, especially the GFS, which seemed especially prone to botching this kind of stuff during our early January storm this past winter. This screwy representation has a lot of implications, especially with moisture transport. Check out how dry NC is here! I think we trend wetter in this particular instance, especially once convection allowing models get in the game. 

I got 5" from that storm so no complaints

23 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

If anyone has any ointment, you might want to start looking for flies.  Climo says no, history says no.  I wont bet against those two ever when something this unprecedented comes along.  

We dont get historic, Sierra Nevada snows in December with marginal temps, 48 hour duration and uncannily perfect timing of two systems.  It just.doesnt.happen.

So where's that fly?

It’s not on shore yet!