Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

Cant draw it up any better. Oh the wait and hanging on to this/ locking it in. You'll see your foot finally

I know, right?  I came oh so close in the Feb '14 storm with that def band but only measured 8".. too wet and too much compression!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

You have no idea how bad I needed that laughing fit I just had after reading that... Thank you:D

I feel for ya Orangeburg. I know the pain from when I  lived around CAE. But Orangeburg is the spot to be for the afternoon storms all summer long. You've got that over the rest of us!!

• Thanks 1

Probably better to look at the QPF amounts to see how it's coming up with so much snowfall.  Widespread 2+" of liquid.. that's definitely in the 18"+ range.  And given how robust these STJ waves have been this past fall season I wouldn't doubt it.  Just need the cold air to make it happen.

e1gKhw3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, griteater said:

Just looked...you are correct QC at hr120, but at hr144 the 0 deg at 850 is on the NC/VA line....so, it surges well north...good for VA, not for south of there

FV3 on its own then with the colder solution of the storm throughout. Hopefully the EURO will join to add weight.  I'd really like the UKMET to trend colder there...as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowNiner said:

FV3 on its own then with the colder solution of the storm throughout. Hopefully the EURO will join to add weight.  I'd really like the UKMET to trend colder there...as well. 

FV3 has trended more North each run.

• Like 1

Ukmet looks like a dang close match to the new GFS to me. Maybe just a few hours slower, but with significantly better wedging out in front of the storm. Also maybe not quite as deep/strong as the new GFS.

That being said, I'm guessing the ukmet is a major hit well down in to upstate SC and NE Ga. Especially with the better early wedging.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CentralNC said:

Hate to temper enthusiasm but it's still 6 days away and much will change.  Hard not to get excited though...

It's 5 1/2 days away and nothing will change.  It's locked in.  You heard it here first!

Seriously though, I bought two shovels today.  The last snow shovel at Lowe's.  I'll be returning it tomorrow and buying a plow if anyone wants my shovel.

• Haha 2