Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 8-10, 2018 Winter Storm

Orangeburgwx

1 minute ago, Jonathan said:

Total whiff for everyone north of Raleigh and GSO. Congrats, guys! You finally get your big one! Long overdue for so many. Glad to see you boys score! 

Dude, it's one run of one model. If this is what it shows 36 hrs before the event, then sure. Right now, I feel like there's a greater chance of a cold rain for central NC than anything else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WidreMann said:

Dude, it's one run of one model. If this is what it shows 36 hrs before the event, then sure. Right now, I feel like there's a greater chance of a cold rain for central NC than anything else.

Yeah this is a downright weird run, and it's also an outlier. I love it for MBY, but chances of verification verbatim are downright nil. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it’s a little early for “congrats” or “woe is me.” Suppression is pretty much a good sign for most of this sub forum. Relax and enjoy the ride this week. At the very least, some of us might see the first flakes of the season, and if we’re lucky some might see much more. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Classic mid-south winter storm on the Euro, as stated heaviest totals focused in NE GA, upstate and SW NC.  Raleigh is fringed and has mixing issues.  I’ll be honest, this is a good look for central VA 7 days out on the Euro.

Yeah the whole " you never wanna be in the bullseye 7 days out yada yada yada"....those MA folks probably thinking they have this one right where they want it in the 7-8 day range......the FV-3 track is money until the low gets captured and tugged back into the sounds.........

• Thanks 1

EPS Mean coming in shifted south like the Op, and colder.  Sfc low runs from Brownsville to south of Louisiana and over to off Jacksonville with strong damming high to the north moving in tandem. Wave looks better (more consolidated and clean - less strung out).  Blocking trough over the NE looks good.  This is a killer setup overall on the EPS, no doubt about it.

• Like 7