• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Let alone the 10 day long range pattern change that has YET to happen!  Temps forecast 50's -more rain by the weekend.  I wouldn't bet on any of that. It will most likely verify just like every event so far this winter...………..a mix to rain.  Until you tell me the Atlantic (-NAO) is cooperating, or the pattern HAS really changed, not biting--- but as always appreciate reading your discussions.  Just my amateur opinion.

29 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

Let alone the 10 day long range pattern change that has YET to happen!  Temps forecast 50's -more rain by the weekend.  I wouldn't bet on any of that. It will most likely verify just like every event so far this winter...………..a mix to rain.  Until you tell me the Atlantic (-NAO) is cooperating, or the pattern HAS really changed, not biting--- but as always appreciate reading your discussions.  Just my amateur opinion.

Your pessimism is completely justified based on the last few months. However, the SOI is lowest neg SD today since early January. MJO is going into phase 8 and not in fantasy land. NAO is trending negative right now finally so that is a real thing. I guess like Santa seeing is believing. More wintry weather is on the way for our region over next few weeks.

59 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

The fv3 blows. It had a winter of yore this year if it was a decent model. Too bad none of it ever materialized.

Has there really been one *reliable* model though? The Euro may have been worse than the FV3 with the head fakes in the LR tbh. Showed MECS/HECS many times this year. LR forecasts have been bad on models. The weekend threat is now medium range and the FV3 has done fair in that period. We'll see. Still think this is a DC South special with a fringe job here but we have a few things working in our favor for once so we'll see.

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

Why the unbridled enthusiasm for the GFS run? First system is south, the second one has a primary in Pittsburgh so it's depiction of frozen is wrong it's a storm like today. Third storm is snow to rain and a lot of rain. 

That is winter of 2019 summed up in one week 

Lot of threats and cold air around, teleconnections getting better. I’ll take my chances over the crap we’ve dealt with the past few months. 

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Why the unbridled enthusiasm for the GFS run? First system is south, the second one has a primary in Pittsburgh so it's depiction of frozen is wrong it's a storm like today. Third storm is snow to rain and a lot of rain. 

Wow do you ever say anything positive? I must say I like you since you actually make me look good. Most people that know me tell me im the most negative person.  But you actually make me look positive and thats saying a lot

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I get that this winter has sucked for you, but wow you have really gone off the deep end with these pessimistic posts. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Newman said:

I get that this winter has sucked for you, but wow you have really gone off the deep end with these pessimistic posts. 

I have 2.2" for the winter and doubt there was a single ensemble member had me pegged for .5" frozen today how could i not be pessimistic lol

Not worried about it. Whatever happens will happen. I see enough of a good pattern look moving forward that even minus a raging neg NAO we still have chance after chance. It beats being 60f and sitting on the beach. Take it as it comes. This HM person could be incorrect as much as me and anyone else. I've seen what I need to over the next 2 weeks+ of progs to keep me VERY vested going forward.

5 minutes ago, Stormman96 said:

Also you live in eastern nj. You shouldnt even be expecting snow. Move nw if you want or expect snow

Can you explain that as family in Monmouth have beaten Qtown most years in snow amounts you don't know what you are talking about.

As I am moving to Kutztown i hope that is the case lol