Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

Rtd208

29 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Congrats. We're probably in the same age range and to piss away time (and stress...believe it or not) for nothing is stupid. Hell, if I was retired and had a boat-load of money...it would be a cool but a tad stressful hobby but still cool. Unfortunately I'm not rich...

If you like weather, you have to get yourself more involved w/T-Storms during the Spring/Summer rather than hibernate. They are quite fun. There's no 7-10 day outlook (for the most part) ...just potential. Sitting on the back deck (enjoying a cold one) hearing that distant rumble of thunder moving in, checking radar and seeing a bunch of "red" is pretty cool. 

No question winter/snow rules but there are other avenues...   

T-storms were fun until one of them bit me on the toe. May 22nd, 2015...

3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

We're gonna have to buy Ralph a new box of nails.

Those nails are firmly in place. I'm talking for imby and irt a SECS which it doesnt meet that criteria this is just a slop nuisance event. A 1-3" "thump" to sleet/fzra to rain ending maybe as a period of snow Sunday with little to no additional accums. That's my story for Warminster and I'm sticking to it. 

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

GFS has a cutter on the same date the euro is showing the article circle over eastern north america lol

Euro idea and many others now backed off the pv dip significantly. Of bigger concern the GEPS now show my worst fear with the WAR continuing to sustain and never really progressing into the nao region. It essentially shows the same general N Atl theme we've seen off and on since Sept with the WAR often establishing itself and then just rolling over. Until that changes my area and SE are going to continue to see rainy solutions with these bigger systems while 'far' N W will cash in with sleet zone sandwiched between. If u see the pattern tendency we are doing better down here with flatter and more minor events this year....and by better'  I mean c-2 or 3 inch types that are all snow. Nov was a fluke imo and an Arcbambault where we wer actually deep neg NAO flipping to positive.

Going to need February to spiral us into a new dimension of snow just to make up for this horrible winter so far. Eliminating the November storm gets me to a whopping 1.25" on the season. I do believe February will produce based on some other met forecasts. I'm too tired of this winter to draw my own conclusions at this point so I'm simply riding along with other forecasts.

2 minutes ago, Stormman96 said:

Well thats like 10-15 maybe for philly. And that between now an early March. I would exactly call that winter of yore.  If thats all we get this winter will barely reach normal snowfal for winter 

True but it is only the mean...I still like our chances at a well above normal year it will only take 2 big storms and we could be there....

1 hour ago, Stormman96 said:

Well thats like 10-15 maybe for philly. And that between now an early March. I would exactly call that winter of yore.  If thats all we get this winter will barely reach normal snowfal for winter 

I remember when that same exact forecast map had 55"+ for philly between Jan 17 and mid Feb so yeah

58 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Guidance overnight continues with the idea the "epic pattern" will last 3-4 days before breaking down back to crap. Pac ends up breaking down and since we can't sustain a neg nao it goes back to pretty ugly. So we have a 3-4 day window of winter chances soooooo epic LOL

Yep. And the weeklies are strengthening the WAR and not allowing it to keep feeding the NAO. So we went from 'epic' to a PAC puke redux and no NAO. I am not buying it yet even tho it does have some legs. The LR has been a crapshoot this year tbh so who knows. I will say this....if some of these new looks verify it is going to be not only unfavorable pattern but very likely an early end to winter tho we can debate whether it truly began or not. Hopefully that PV doesnt consolidate and head over to Siberia like we are starting to see hints of. Meh maybe an early finish to this dreadful season wouldnt be bad.

In any event too much LR discussion from me as it has been unreliable. We do have some threats showing up over the next 10 days anyway so we can track those and remain hopeful with fingers crossed.