Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

Rtd208

53 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Been following the MA thread and the joy as every 6 hours totals get bumped up yet the "wall" seems to run through Philly north of it the only increases have been in hundreths of an inch. This is the worst confluence problem since 2010, only that in 2010 Monmouth still got pummeled lol

Besides Bob Chill and a few others that thread/forum will make your head explode...bipolar. Reading Ji is instant death/suicide...

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

NAM is dryer on the northern edge. I did like the look of the squeeze play setup with convergence meeting right over se pa for a period. Maybe a few hours of moderate stuff Sunday morning. 1-2" with 3" lollis still seems reasonable for now.

namconus_temp_adv_fgen_700_neus_38.png

Another nice bump for south of the Mason Dixon at 18z, here nothing. Must be the cosmic wind interacting with the northern jet.

16 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Notable shift n again with the heavier precip and convergence....northern side dryer due to dry air and confluence. S NJ does quite well as does most of DE now. Heavier stuff just creeping into PA now on this run. 30 hours or so to go for more adjustments.

namconus_asnow_neus_fh51_trend.gif

25-30 more miles for me in northern DE.  I think its doable.  My bar is 3" now but the trend all day today has been to increase totals on a sw to ne trajectory.  I think maybe its the coastal influence.

1 hour ago, Redmorninglight said:

Nice trends on NAM nest. Hoping to get 3” or so down here. Saw the advisory for 1-3” so I should keep expectations in check in spite of recent guidance. Hoping you guys up north get in on some. Go birds!

You're sitting pretty in Cape May for a decent event and yeah go Birds!

19 minutes ago, Redmorninglight said:

@Birds~69 yea I am having Jan 30, 2010 flashbacks. I only expected an inch 36 hours before that one and got almost 10” of powder at 15f.  Then the blitz came one week later.  Let’s see if history can repeat itself. 

Shore storms usually suck (turn to rain) but sometimes you guys can really cash in (snow) while just inland we receive squat...good luck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Newman said:

The Euro just spit out a 15-20" bomb overnight. The FV3 looks insane. The GFS is in the same boat. The 20th time frame is looking ripe for something special. And if it doesn't work out? Then the time period right behind looks even better.

fv3p_asnow_neus_41.png

Redsky would need a padded room if that verified.

Not really weather related (maybe a little since it's cold) but enjoying my $1 coffee and internet in a Wawa parking lot then low and behold a topless military jeep w/a machine gun mounted pulls next to me...I was like WTF? Imagine doing 60-70mph in the cold in that thing? This is a good sign....weird stuff, storm will over-achieve. Took a picture: 

Mil.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Not really weather related (maybe a little since it's cold) but enjoying my $1 coffee and internet in a Wawa parking lot then low and behold a topless military jeep w/a machine gun mounted pulls next to me...I was like WTF? Imagine doing 60-70mph in the cold in that thing? This is a good sign....weird stuff, storm will over-achieve. Took a picture: 

Mil.jpg

Da fuq? Looks like he may be going to some club event (there are guys who are military vehicle collectors and that may be from the Vietnam war era).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Da fuq? Looks like he may be going to some club event (there are guys who are military vehicle collectors and that may be from the Vietnam war era).

I not sure, I should have asked? It was early and I was just waking up...I had to double-take when I seen it? Thought I was losing it. This Wawa is located across the street from the old Willow Grove Naval Air Station...you can see it in the background across the street.  

Just now, Birds~69 said:

I not sure, I should have asked? It was early and I was just waking up...I had to double-take when I seen it? Thought I was losing it. This Wawa is located across the street from the old Willow Grove Naval Air Station...you can see it in the background across the street.  

Yeah I have been past there.  Whenever they used to have the reservist monthly practices, a convoy of copters used to fly overhead on their way from and back there.

They don't use those jeeps anymore.  Hummers (HMMWVs) rule the day (although they are trying to replace them all)! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yeah I have been past there.  Whenever they used to have the reservist monthly practices, a convoy of copters used to fly overhead on their way from and back there.

They don't use those jeeps anymore.  Hummers (HMMWVs) rule the day (although they are trying to replace them all)! :lol:

Yeah, no doubt.

When I first saw the jeep the show M*A*S*H came to mind...

• Like 1