• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

Rtd208

To provide hope to snow weenies everywhere here is JB at WB's latest thoughts....He is correct about the false idol that is the GFS at 4 days out - happens all the time...not saying I agree with him - but if the Euro goes south at 12z then there should be concern

The GFS is likely getting into its handoff to quick to the northern branch mode it likes to get into 4 days out, So we see it collapsing heights over the lakes and Ohio Valley at 84 hours.) or handing off to the northern branch) This looks to be an error to me, but perhaps this is the time it is right, But there are no changes in my thinking right now I think the Euro/NAM blend will be the best way to proceed going forward and there is no change in our ideas on the storm this weekend, I don't think this is a big deal for NYC ( 2-4) and think its 4-8 around DC for instance. Quite frankly this map shows what I think is coming, more or less, Euro 72 hour snow totals ending Monday morning There are some edge considerations but I dont expect a shift north to the experimental GFS at 06z But I dont think there is that much suppression either

The over running snows will be cold with high ratios probably around 15 to 1. Area wide 2-4" is possible with that. But I just don't see how this corrects north enough for our area to get into the real good stuff. DT and Virginia will likely win again. I hope I'm wrong. Plenty of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

18z gefs increased the snow means yet again. Several solutions that show wsw level 4-8"+ snows especially in SNJ

SNJ is probably a lock especially for the second doink. Not sure the goalposts have been positioned just yet...another day. Remember this double doink keeps getting delayed and the bigger threat ie the second part is still very much in question. Should see some accus tho Saturday from the waa stuff across sothern pa at the very least