Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

Rtd208

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Give me the Ukie and the game is afoot

I do like how we are within 120 hours and things are slowly starting to step towards better solutions as opposed to stepping down. Usually a good sign. Feeling ok about this one regardless of the KMA and DT's very little N of Richmond jargon.

Lots of pingers here. Coming down quite heavy against my windows. NWS says 32° but my weather clock says 36°. Although that is right up against the outside of my window (between the outer pan and the screen), so it's probably not quite accurate. I think I might have to mount that outside sensor further away from my house...

18 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Lots of pingers here. Coming down quite heavy against my windows. NWS says 32° but my weather clock says 36°. Although that is right up against the outside of my window (between the outer pan and the screen), so it's probably not quite accurate. I think I might have to mount that outside sensor further away from my house...

Probably a good idea. Temp here went from 32.2 to 31.6 currently.

8 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I do like how we are within 120 hours and things are slowly starting to step towards better solutions as opposed to stepping down. Usually a good sign. Feeling ok about this one regardless of the KMA and DT's very little N of Richmond jargon.

Lol and like that all guidance takes a seat on the toilet and drops a big deuce with steps back and a much more sheared out look. The back and forth from run to run this year have been nothing short of breathtaking.  I mean, we get 90% of guidance in one suite saying game on in a big way....then next suite the 90% say game off......then back to game on, etc. I will say this....the Euro hasnt and often doesnt make these flips from run to run and is generally the most consistent. 

On to the next threat or are we still holding out hope for a N trend and a SECS here?

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Lol and like that all guidance takes a seat on the toilet and drops a big deuce with steps back and a much more sheared out look. The back and forth from run to run this year have been nothing short of breathtaking.  I mean, we get 90% of guidance in one suite saying game on in a big way....then next suite the 90% say game off......then back to game on, etc. I will say this....the Euro hasnt and often doesnt make these flips from run to run and is generally the most consistent. 

On to the next threat or are we still holding out hope for a N trend and a SECS here?

no way - keep an eye on this - nice changes on the 12z NAM....for the 1st time in a long time the right ingredients are present....now will it deliver?? who knows but certainly no time to stop watching till at least 0z on the 10th IMHO

2 minutes ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

no way - keep an eye on this - nice changes on the 12z NAM....for the 1st time in a long time the right ingredients are present....now will it deliver?? who knows but certainly no time to stop watching till at least 0z on the 10th IMHO

I'm with ya....not giving up but the flips and flops are laughable. 12z ICON says not happening.

38 minutes ago, Newman said:

NAM at 84 looks decent ;)

nam_z500_vort_us_29.png

That energy N of the GL is what the bigger ticket solutions phased in and helped draw it North. We could still score a light-moderate event with the stj sw still if it comes far enough N. I think we are losing the big ticket setup tho now so we can hope for the former.

11 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

GFS came way north at 12z. easily a good 100 miles further N. Only gives us a light 1-3 But really not far off from 2-4 or 3-6. Definitely a good jump, lets hope this is the beginning of a trend. So close to being something big too.

Like I said a few days ago two scenarios....a phased SECS/MECS or a light-borderline moderate event. The former is on life support. I would be thrilled with flakes falling in any form.

• Like 1