• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 1 Severe Weather

IllinoisWedges

4 tor warned storms in IL.  I am on the NW side of Peoria at the Grand Prairie Mall in my car while my GF shops  Tor warned storm to my west but I am very concerned about that monster to my SSW for the Metro or any new cells near it 

cloud based very low it’s a moist 57  although cool the air “feels” unstable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

4 tor warned storms in IL.  I am on the NW side of Peoria at the Grand Prairie Mall in my car while my GF shops  Tor warned storm to my west but I am very concerned about that monster to my SSW for the Metro or any new cells near it 

cloud based very low it’s a moist 57  although cool the air “feels” unstable 

I would be watching the storm south of the currently warned one. The current storm is coming down as the monster to the south of it is raining into it. I am shocked that storm isnt severe warned yet.

Just now, Stebo said:

I would be watching the storm south of the currently warned one. The current storm is coming down as the monster to the south of it is raining into it. I am shocked that storm isnt severe warned yet.

I'm by far most interested in the southernmost cell by Litchfield. Unimpeded inflow and the VWP is no worse down there. 

19 minutes ago, Upper Level LOL said:

Crazy shot with snow in the foreground and a large, strong tornado in the background

Can't remember exactly when but there was a shot like that a few years ago or so (also in IL).  Would be even cooler to see it roll over a field that is completely snow covered.

Just now, Hoosier said:

Can't remember exactly when but there was a shot like that a few years ago or so (also in IL).  Would be even cooler to see it roll over a field that is completely snow covered.

That probably wouldn't happen. Would feel as if the lowered temperatures from the melting snow cover would make the immediate ground layer stable. Especially with complete snow cover moreso than just patches.