• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

no question. fortunately I was just getting going after a stop, so I wasn’t going very fast

Doesn’t take much to wipe out the upper and lower A arms, I did that on one of mine, Had only 200 mi, Totaled it going 10 mph, Took out both A arms, Bent the Nun, Twisted the tunnel, And the crank was off 2.5 degrees on the motor and I walked away with hurt feelings.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Doesn’t take much to wipe out the upper and lower A arms, I did that on one of mine, Had only 200 mi, Totaled it going 10 mph, Took out both A arms, Bent the Nun, Twisted the tunnel, And the crank was off 2.5 degrees on the motor and I walked away with hurt feelings.

that sounds exactly like my little incident aside from the age of the sled. ‘09 Ski Doo Renegade 600 e-tec. Just hit 4K miles. I think I was going about 10 also. guess I’ll be shopping for a new machine, hoping to get a 900 Ace next.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

nothing serious, bumps and bruises. Hit a tree when right ski wandered off trail into powder and couldn’t recover. Hit tree between right ski and front bumper, but hit it hard enough to twist tunnel. I thought I got lucky and got away with having to replace both upper and lower a-arms, but I guess not. Funny thing is, did another 350 miles after the crash with no probs.  Injury wise, right arm hit the tree as I went over and through the windshield, so that took the brunt of it. Deep bone bruise, that’s it though. No head injury, so I got that going for me.

Glad you're okay!

that sounds exactly like my little incident aside from the age of the sled. ‘09 Ski Doo Renegade 600 e-tec. Just hit 4K miles. I think I was going about 10 also. guess I’ll be shopping for a new machine, hoping to get a 900 Ace next.

Mine is the 07 renegade Ptek, Older sled but I have a couple guys I know that have the 900 ace and really like it.

39 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Glad you're okay!

Thanks mpm!

39 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Mine is the 07 renegade Ptek, Older sled but I have a couple guys I know that have the 900 ace and really like it.

buddy I ride with has the 900 Ace, seems like a great motor.  We’ll see what the insurance company gives me. but might have to wait until the fall.

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

Thanks mpm!

buddy I ride with has the 900 Ace, seems like a great motor.  We’ll see what the insurance company gives me. but might have to wait until the fall.

Seems like finding used 900 ACEs are like finding a needle in a haystack. I would love to get one but I just can’t bring myself to buy s brand new sled and finding a deal on a used one is pretty tough. Maybe when all the guys who have to have the latest and greatest move up to the 900 Turbo there will be more of the regular ones hitting the market. 

It is crazy to think that this evening could have been a hideous cutter and ended up a fun little event. 

From a forum standpoint, it does suck to have a really sweet winter in terms of number of fun events, while the bulk of posters are suffering.  It sucks we can't all experience it at the same time.

YnhKJZu.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 seperate snowmobile accidents last week, both drivers died. One was a 30 yearl old woman who was 8 months pregnant. Baby didnt survive either. A third mishap, and older gentleman used last years gps trail guide and ended up taking an ungroomed trail and his sled got swallowed in the snow. He made his way back to town by walking out part of the way, and then getting assistance fron other riders

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Boone’s Farm And Colt 45 was the choices back in the day, Stayed away from the Mogan David, Was pretty tough playing spin the bottle with a MD 2020. Lol

We could buy a case of "Milwaulkee" beer (note:  not "Old Milwaukee) for $5.99.  You knew times were tight when that was in the grocery cart.

Milwaukees Best was $8 for a 24 rack when I was in college. We did that one night and never repeated the mistake ...except maybe one or two other times when we had no money. 

Our 40 of choice was usually old English (OE). Buck-ninetynine for one. Not sure what they run now. Prob 3 bucks. Edward 40 hands was somehow thought to be a good idea back then.