• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cberr1957
    Newest Member
    cberr1957

2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Still in the fog in Augusta - 32° with 1/4 mile visibility at 300' up at the airport, more like 1/8 mile here at 80'.  Not a real deep layer - could see some blue-ish sky at 800' on Mile Hill about 7 AM.

Today has had that classic post-frontal downslope dandy look for a while. Playing out almost perfectly. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Today has had that classic post-frontal downslope dandy look for a while. Playing out almost perfectly. 

We torched yesterday too.  61F yesterday.

15 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

We torched yesterday too.  61F yesterday.

Yeah you got warm sectored yesterday. The rest of us were stuck in miserable rain and 40s. 

God I'm so jealous of you guys seeing sun.

Rotted overnight at 30-32F with freezing fog and mist and now up to 37F as the frontal precipitation moves in. 

Doesn't look like the snowpack even blinked over the last 36 hours.

Guess the only sun I can see is when the mountain gets tall enough to punch through the stratus, ha.

Yes.  1245pm and made it to 40F!  Brief periods of sunshine but 80% cloud-filled sky.  I made this time lapse from this morning and found it interesting.  Stable cold layer from about my elevation and lower.  Low clouds over the lake.  Meanwhile, just over top of me the wind is blowing and  the clouds are racing eastward.  When bits of the low clouds get high enough they are blow off.  I love living up high.  Great vis. at my house at the top of the cloud layer.  Then drive down my road into thick fog.  At the base the vis. is good again with the low cloud base is just above.  

Here is the video.   Snow depth is down to 8".  What remains by this evening will be around for a long, long time. I was hoping for enough melt for a bit of bare ground but will not happen, not even on my south exposure areas.

https://video.nest.com/clip/9ff4dbdb3f7d45afae9f8c7fd0201d00.mp4

Fog lifted in Augusta about 2 hours ago, but the sun never made an appearance, though I see a brighter edge on the south horizon.  Sunset in just over half an hour, so I don't think that brightness makes it to here.  Temp 38 at 3 PM.

45.5° today! :o

Unfortunately the yard is flooded and there's still more snow to melt. Looks like a relatively dry period upcoming...especially if we can miss the weekend storm. Hopefully the subsurface soil can start to dry out in time for the next warmup.

Yay tomorrow I present my senior research and then I basically just have two finals and that's it!!! I just hope I don't have any incomplete's on the MATLABS. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Yay tomorrow I present my senior research and then I basically just have two finals and that's it!!! I just hope I don't have any incomplete's on the MATLABS. 

Congrats man , got a job lined up? Personal forecaster for the love of your life in Tolland?

• Haha 1