Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

23 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Today on 91 in Cromwell 

20190311_152601.jpg

lol...you can still see patches of snow on the upper part of the southern facing slope.

Speaking of depths, I was noting this morning that the Staffordville guy was only reporting 3" on the ground.  He's got one of those southern exposure yards and it's just unrepresentative of the area.  I had 8" this morning so it's at least 2-3x what he's reporting.  They'll be snow in the area weeks after he reports it as all being gone.

7 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

lol...you can still see patches of snow on the upper part of the southern facing slope.

Speaking of depths, I was noting this morning that the Staffordville guy was only reporting 3" on the ground.  He's got one of those southern exposure yards and it's just unrepresentative of the area.  I had 8" this morning so it's at least 2-3x what he's reporting.  They'll be snow in the area weeks after he reports it as all being gone.

Flowers by end of week.

Snow pack depth average is around 30" with a range from 26-35". It is a solid glacier below the top 6-8" and you can walk on top of it without ever really sinking in. I have my Davis VP2 sensor suite 8' up and it is at about eye level. I'm 5' 8". The snow pack was about 4-4.5' deep last year at this time, but the pack was much softer and didn't have as much water in it. I've had at least 1" of snow OTG since November 9th, which is now 123 days straight.

The snow blower path to the propane tank is a little over 3' deep. Meanwhile, there's not much left in the valleys. Just a few inches of crap that will likely be completely gone by the end of the week with the impending warm up. No melting here today with a brief high of 33.3° F. Now 28.3° F with light upslope snow.

53536605_1930712960373384_4857060639668961280_o.jpg

54514434_1930712923706721_1400448630313189376_o.jpg

1 hour ago, wxmanmitch said:

Snow pack depth average is around 30" with a range from 26-35". It is a solid glacier below the top 6-8" and you can walk on top of it without ever really sinking in. I have my Davis VP2 sensor suite 8' up and it is at about eye level. I'm 5' 8". The snow pack was about 4-4.5' deep last year at this time, but the pack was much softer and didn't have as much water in it. I've had at least 1" of snow OTG since November 9th, which is now 123 days straight.

The snow blower path to the propane tank is a little over 3' deep. Meanwhile, there's not much left in the valleys. Just a few inches of crap that will likely be completely gone by the end of the week with the impending warm up. No melting here today with a brief high of 33.3° F. Now 28.3° F with light upslope snow.

Always got to get a little jab into us poor valley folk and our out weak retention..:lol: 

Good run for us, NOV to Mid March almost non stop 1" coverage pretty impressive for here. (might have got down to a trace at couple times, cant recall) I'm Ok with full melt out here if it happens

You can see the layers in that pack, dense stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I am PUMPED for this convective season. Sometime this month I'll be eligible for a week of vacation and since I only work until 3 I should be able to get some good chasing in this year. And there are some awesome spots around North Branford/Northford/Wallingford area which have GREAT views. IT CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH!!!

where is MEM?