• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

Putting things into some sort of perspective... 

Today's solar is equivalency is September 30 -  

It really should be over ... but, climate lag/and seasonal change being the way it is ... that is the only reason that trumps the "should be over" aspect, ...

But not entirely. 'Still have to be fair and grateful that the lag is part of our every-year circumstance. Because it, we can celebrate the occasional winter event this late in any calendar (solar calendar) year.   

Otherwise, yes yes... it's hotter compensating sun every day, whether or not the rivers of air attempt to compensate ... Ole sol's microwave emitter in sky ... pretty soon...we'll start hearing the hum - heh.  

Anyway, then it's Sep 29 ...24... 15 ..ever counting down, and we are in "late summer" solar while we're making plans for a blue bomb. In fact, for us middle aged adults, in the time it takes to contemplate these relativity's, it's over.   Consternation and denial permeates the social media's, decade worth of time-concentrated user-ship of neurotics.  

That's gonna be fun ... For everyone else, we're off to suffering the worst f'n month ever invented by Earth, land or sea.  I swear, late March through early May can be such f'n bore in this part of world.  In fact, if the pattern over N/A is such that ever flags a warm spring over North America, that concomitantly requires NE be left out by wave spacing arguments and amplitude with all that warm over Chi-town.  Meanwhile, the "continent" gets to take the warmer than normal spring to the annul banks ... while it was colder than normal here and of course everyone's unhappy because the colder the normal had nothing to do with snow - despite the perennial mantra that goes something like, " ...Well, since it won't be warm, may as well hold out for snow.." logical flaw that evades one's separation anxiety over all coveted acceptance issues... 

Carpe dez nuts ... god am I glad I was saddled in life with this obsession for weather!  I'll tell ya, if I had my druthers... you'd be reading this op-ed piss and moan bore as its origin from a warm humid, late morning porch that overlooks the dying embers of waving fields of late winter wheat somewhere in SE Oklahoma ... The SPC outlook that day? They have us in Enhanced ... while the the 4 knot NNE pumps into Bedford Massachusetts, that putrid hand the covers the mouth of hail marry's for that warm front that is of course modeled to overcome universal fluid mechanical laws of physics and blast through by noon.   Waiting ...waiting.....    still waiting. 

Then I go to the office and I'm passing through the kitchenette ..and too short 100 $ hair-do big butted middle aged women are bantering over how spring is their favorite season.  I have no idea why.  I think they saw a rose in some Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post once, and read about some 'darling buds of May' somewhere, and that one time in five f'n years that it turned into a balmy April ...galvanized their impressions of what this time of year means for any soul imprisoned east of the Hudson.  Yeah...okay, the once in five years ..maaaybe in some rationalized sense that makes it 'worth it' in the morbid sense of absence making the heart and orgasm of the experience that much more fonder. 

OH man,... I can remember some doozies over the years ... watching TWC back in the day... or staring at hourly obs up at UML, once I was finally dumb enough to spend a 70 grand on a state school education in this field when I had no intent of doing graduate studies, and could break the lenses of cameras whenever I used the business end's reflecting darkness for a quick hair/screen test... It was like being on Alcatraz Island, with San Francisco's cozy 48 F Bay waters between us and the warm contentinent ... close enough to be visible on the other side, with a warden just as cruel. 

I am PUMPED for this convective season. Sometime this month I'll be eligible for a week of vacation and since I only work until 3 I should be able to get some good chasing in this year. And there are some awesome spots around North Branford/Northford/Wallingford area which have GREAT views. IT CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH!!!

Hey ...unrelated topic to me throwing everyone and god under the bus because of my own baggage .. but, has anyone in here ever 'published' anything they creatively wrote? 

If so, can you PM me ?  I have a question that's too esoteric for general Googling and perhaps you may know.  

41 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am PUMPED for this convective season. Sometime this month I'll be eligible for a week of vacation and since I only work until 3 I should be able to get some good chasing in this year. And there are some awesome spots around North Branford/Northford/Wallingford area which have GREAT views. IT CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH!!!

I can't wait for my first TCu in July. I'm going to take multiple pics of it before it dissipates at sunset.