Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is part of it I think, and a note is only required after 3 consecutive days of absence. Maybe to ensure people aren’t taking a mini vacation?

Either way... got a decent nights sleep last night and temp read 98.7 this morning, so hopefully I’ve turned the corner for good here.

A doctor's note can be required but the note should only state that you were seen by a doctor. Also the note should only contain information on which days you were not able to work and if you are still not well enough to work and/or have been cleared to work. The note should not contain what you are diagnosed with. Doing so is a violation of your privacy rights.

• Like 1

No sooner did I send that last post, but the flake size diminished and we were soon back to SN-, which at marginal temps (airport reported 33/32 at noon) on a mid-Feb midday means no more accumulation on the pavement - what had stuck is now looking a bit slushy.  And as I type this, we're back to moderate.  At least it's interesting.

Edit:  Some 35-40 dbz echoes between here and LEW and incoming.  Either it's a real snowburst or a change in p-type.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice little thump in NNE from the cutter with rains to Maine 2 to 3 common. Plymouth NH up to 27 Otg

Yeah Ski Country is dodging the bullet of the season.  If this had been the day 5 cutter advertised on Friday before President's Weekend....wow disaster.  

Now it's just snow globe vibe with a couple inches likely.   Very festive feel going into busiest weekend of year.

IMG_2274.thumb.JPG.3f9721eabfdb188361d1ae29c82197d1.JPG

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah Ski Country is dodging the bullet of the season.  If this had been the day 5 cutter advertised on Friday before President's Weekend....wow disaster.  

Now it's just snow globe vibe with a couple inches likely.   Very festive feel going into busiest weekend of year.

IMG_2274.thumb.JPG.3f9721eabfdb188361d1ae29c82197d1.JPG

Festive mud season here. Hopefully we can salvage Monday. 

2 hours ago, White Rain said:

Warm air struggling to get in here. We just recently spiked to 40 for a high but have fallen back to 39. It seems the cool air is now draining south into Worcester where it’s in the upper 40s, but falling back a tick - at least temporarily.

We torched here in N ORH county. 46F.   

We drip

• Sad 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Any injuries?

nothing serious, bumps and bruises. Hit a tree when right ski wandered off trail into powder and couldn’t recover. Hit tree between right ski and front bumper, but hit it hard enough to twist tunnel. I thought I got lucky and got away with having to replace both upper and lower a-arms, but I guess not. Funny thing is, did another 350 miles after the crash with no probs.  Injury wise, right arm hit the tree as I went over and through the windshield, so that took the brunt of it. Deep bone bruise, that’s it though. No head injury, so I got that going for me.

Just now, SJonesWX said:

nothing serious, bumps and bruises. Hit a tree when right ski wandered off trail into powder and couldn’t recover. Hit tree between right ski and front bumper, but hit it hard enough to twist tunnel. I thought I got lucky and got away with having to replace both upper and lower a-arms, but I guess not. Funny thing is, did another 350 miles after the crash with no probs.  Injury wise, right arm hit the tree as I went over and through the windshield, so that took the brunt of it. Deep bone bruise, that’s it though. No head injury, so I got that going for me.

You lucked out there is no doubt.