Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

Crazy out west!!

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Reno NV 1107 PM PST Tue Feb 12 2019 CAZ072-073-NVZ002-141200- /O.CON.KREV.WS.W.0006.000000T0000Z-190215T0600Z/ Greater Lake Tahoe Area-Mono County- Including the city of Mammoth Lakes 1107 PM PST Tue Feb 12 2019 ...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THURSDAY ABOVE 7000 FEET... * CHANGES...Adjusted snow level bullet. * WHAT...Heavy snow possible above 7000 feet. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches for Truckee and South Lake, except 2 to 5 feet possible above 8000 feet including Mammoth Lakes. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph with ridge gusts possibly exceeding 150 mph
Shite. 5'!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

103, is getting right there where you need to consult with your doctor. Id say try advil or tylenol but if you cant keep anything down then that wouldnt work. You also have to be careful with dehydration. You may want to call yiuour doctor and see what they say. 

I’ve hit 103-104+ quite a few times, but I avoid the doctor like the plague. I always enjoy when the fever breaks and I wake up drenched in sweat. Since I quit dairy I never get sinus infections anymore and it’s cut my frequency of getting sick way down. I used to get the flu once per year, but it’s been a few years now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’ve hit 103-104+ quite a few times, but I avoid the doctor like the plague. I always enjoy when the fever breaks and I wake up drenched in sweat. Since I quit dairy I never get sinus infections anymore and it’s cut my frequency of getting sick way down. I used to get the flu once per year, but it’s been a few years now.

I napped this afternoon and woke up soaked, so I’m hoping that was the fever breaking. 

Doctor was neccesary for me, since I need the notes and proof for work.

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Maybe you arent really you. Im sure youve heard of the stepford wives, and the new keanu reeves movie, the duplicate?

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I napped this afternoon and woke up soaked, so I’m hoping that was the fever breaking. 

Doctor was neccesary for me, since I need the notes and proof for work.

Who is the fuking fascist you work for? I hate that shit, I've only taken like 2 sick days in 5 years but if I was ever questioned about that shit I would walk with no notice and maybe take a swing at my boss on the way out the door.

7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Who is the fuking fascist you work for? I hate that shit, I've only taken like 2 sick days in 5 years but if I was ever questioned about that shit I would walk with no notice and maybe take a swing at my boss on the way out the door.

Many places need a doctors note to ensure the employee is ok to come back to work without infecting everyone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

Many places need a doctors note to ensure the employee is ok to come back to work without infecting everyone.

This is part of it I think, and a note is only required after 3 consecutive days of absence. Maybe to ensure people aren’t taking a mini vacation?

Either way... got a decent nights sleep last night and temp read 98.7 this morning, so hopefully I’ve turned the corner for good here.

11 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Corporate America doesn't really give a fuk about you, always always remember that. I forgot and it has cost me.

19 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is part of it I think, and a note is only required after 3 consecutive days of absence. Maybe to ensure people aren’t taking a mini vacation?

Either way... got a decent nights sleep last night and temp read 98.7 this morning, so hopefully I’ve turned the corner for good here.

Glad you're feeling better.  Gatorade up

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Even BTV in the valley has gotten crushed this season:

"As of today, we've seen 81.2 inches of snow at the Burlington Airport.  Our normal is 81.2, so the next snowflake that falls will be bonus #snow."

Did you thank me for visiting around Labor Day and bringing the juju?

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

steady moderate here accumulating fast.  And snow growth improving and quite good.  Visibility definitely below 1/2 if not lower.  A fun little burst whch will help us keep our snowpack.  It seems like this might, finally, be the lasting snowpack that takes us to spring especially if Thursday performs.

Big aggies so we’re probably close to flipping in CON.