• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

49.2° F for yesterday's high, 44.7° F today. Disaster averted, but there was a net loss of several inches. The rivers stayed mostly frozen without there being any rain, so no flooding issues.

Depth is probably around 22-24", but I'll measure tomorrow. 

Now if we can avoid the worst of the freezing rain around here. Soundings look hideous...

My mom and I stayed overnight in the Wilmington area so we could attend a wake and funeral for her cousin. It hit mid 60s today. The g2g after the service was at the K of C in Tewksbury. Such a gorgeous day. My moms cousin was burried in the same cemetery as my grandparents so I got to visit their grave site as well. My grandpa passed when I was in the military so I didnt get home for his funeral. When we buried my grandma, the headstone wasnt installed yet, so today was the very first day I actually got to see their gravesite. It couldnt have been a more beautuful day to say good bye to a wonderful soul and to finally get to visit my grandparents.

My moms cousin passed from a very treatable form of colon cancer. She had symptoms for a long long time before she finally went to her doctor. At that point, it was too late. Had she gone to her doctor sooner, it would have been a different outcome. Just food for thought, if something isnt right, or just feels odd, or off, go to your doctor. It is better to be safe, than sorry.

• Like 1

I believe this has been discussed before and with this retro winter weather I was taking a look at the Winter Severity Index for a comparison of past winters.

https://mrcc.illinois.edu/research/awssi/indexAwssi.jsp

I'm still compiling data but this winter #3 for my location with 374 points but the final tally won't be known till March or April.  It's interesting how places are in the extreme category up north while locations are in the "mild" category relatively close by.

In any event, I thought it was an interesting way to objectively compare the severity of the winter.

27 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Updated . . .

Editing Help Needed!

If the price is legit and your skills are complete, I need an editor to go through my posts on AmericanWX and ground them in reality, there are sometimes 293 posts per day if there is a chance of flurries on Cape Cod, MA, USA, so it is legit fantasy.

image.gif