Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

9 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Well, Phil and Ek come to mind

Phil left because he didn’t like the environment here.  What about Ekster?  Mets leaving is the last reason for us to change our entire personality.  It’s like someone I supervised threatening to quit if I didn’t do this one thing I wnted.  He quit and we never lost a beat.  People put too much stock in their own worth in life sometimes.  

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Phil left because he didn’t like the environment here.  What about Ekster?  Mets leaving is the last reason for us to change our entire personality.  It’s like someone I supervised threatening to quit if I didn’t do this one thing I wnted.  He quit and we never lost a beat.  People put too much stock in their own worth in life sometimes.  

I thought Ek still stops by now and then...

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Plenty in the main forum.

Pound your chest all you want...its BS to call someone biased bc you disagree. He posted two paragraphs of sound analysis and has a damm good track record. 

Quite the contrary Ray.  People need to understand we’re (as a forum) a certain way.  I’ve seen you slice folks who put a lot of effort in because you disagree so quite the holier than thou horseshit.  We’re grown men and women....and how  am I pounding my chest?  I’m calling out others for doing so....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Quite the contrary Ray.  People need to understand we’re (as a forum) a certain way.  I’ve seen you slice folks who put a lot of effort in because you disagree so quite the holier than thou horseshit.  We’re grown men and women....and how  am I pounding my chest?  I’m calling out others for doing so....

You are full of $hit. I never slice someone by simply saying they are biased and walk away. I think I'm pretty obsessively exhaustive with regard to my rationale for disgreeing with someone. Am I always right? No, but that isn't the point.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Plenty in the main forum.

Pound your chest all you want...its BS to call someone biased bc you disagree. He posted two paragraphs of sound analysis and has a damm good track record. 

The funny thing is I didn’t do that 

You just perceived I did. I actually want it to snow 100” in the next 60 days .

I just believe people make a forecast and it makes more sense to look for things that support your arguments and stay the course.

I should have been more tasteful in my initial comment based on what I believe 

The forum demeanor has gone largely unchanged since its inception...I'd say the only difference is the size of the membership. Back maybe 12-14 years ago we had a small enough membership that we didn't have subforums and even the model threads had all the posters from different regions posting.

Social media has become a big avenue for some weather enthusiasts and mets and many post mostly there now....though I've never cared for it and will stick to the forums.

At any rate, no need to bicker...lets keep the thread on topic. This is about February pattern and any potential longer term threats in February.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The funny thing is I didn’t do that 

You just perceived I did. I actually want it to snow 100” in the next 60 days .

I just believe people make a forecast and it makes more sense to look for things that support your arguments and stay the course.

I should have been more tasteful in my initial comment based on what I believe 

Stop generalizing. Not everyone...I can tell you right now, my timing on the big change is garbage. Missed it. I also think Tom is pretty honest about things. If I phuck you duck, everyone will know it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You are full of $hit. I never slice someone by simply saying they are biased and walk away. I think I'm pretty obsessively exhaustive with regard to my rationale for disgreeing with someone. Am I always right? No, but that isn't the point.

Tell that to raindance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

What a fight 

Right or wrong...I fill about 15+ pages per year up with meticulously crafted articulation of how I perceive the collection of data. Anyone claiming that any of my assertions are hollow is missing something. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I never  call someone biased, and walk away. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right or wrong...I fill about 15+ pages per year up with meticulously crafted articulation of how I perceive the collection of data. Anyone claiming that any of my assertions are hollow is missing something. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I never  call someone biased, and walk away. 

:weenie:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The forum demeanor has gone largely unchanged since its inception...I'd say the only difference is the size of the membership. Back maybe 12-14 years ago we had a small enough membership that we didn't have subforums and even the model threads had all the posters from different regions posting.

Social media has become a big avenue for some weather enthusiasts and mets and many post mostly there now....though I've never cared for it and will stick to the forums.

At any rate, no need to bicker...lets keep the thread on topic. This is about February pattern and any potential longer term threats in February.

so why do you think it'll be so icy next week? 

52 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Can someone covert this from Tippish to English?

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I thought the board was larger then....but maybe I'm wrong. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Those 2005 WWBB storm threads would have like me in NVT and a guy named Will from Caribou posting observations with like Ji in the mid-Atlantic and then even posters down in like Charlotte.  

Much smaller membership.  Could never do that now.  

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Way smaller....though it may have "seemed" larger because we all interacted at the same time. We would interact with all 100-200 frequent posters on a daily basis. Now you have something like triple or quadruple that. Hell, it's fookin' dead weatherwise right now except for some cold and almost dinner time on a weekday and the board has over 300 members logged in. We used to need a legit storm threat to get 300-400 members signed in (for a long time, easternuswx record for posters online was something like 600 or 700 people)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1