• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2018/19 Winter Banter and General Discussion - We winter of YORE

Baroclinic Zone

This isn’t an anti-Pats pick but I’ve like what the Chargers have done this year. I still feel the Pats can get through with some lucky breaks because there aren’t any great teams in the AFC. I sort of like the Colts too but mainly because of Luck’s comeback story. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wait, wut?  Did you accept an offer on the Shelburne house?  

Yes.  The inspection was on Saturday.  So that sale is a contingency, but it looks to be in track.  Anyone need a Deere 140?  Runs great, 210 hours iirc.  It needs a mower belt (damn thing went on the last cut of the season) but a great machine.

• Like 1

What part of ORH are you in MPM? 

Are you over by Tatnuck/Moreland hill, Salisbury, or maybe Newton Square? Kind of looks like some of those classic Victorian age houses over by Moreland/Tatnuck. Too bad you couldn't find one near top of Moreland hill to get an extra 200-300 feet of elevation. 

What does anyone know about the new GRAF model?  I just saw this article.  Wonder if it will replace the GFS?  Better resolution, hourly runs?  Seems interesting?

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/IBM-Introducing-Worlds-Highest-Resolution-Global-Weather-Forecasting-Model?fbclid=IwAR3WxUtu23ck9aAhtf8y6fUzKJBeHh44YbdsNRZZ5ikbwrqIyX2JD1K7I7o

On 1/7/2019 at 8:39 AM, ORH_wxman said:

What part of ORH are you in MPM? 

Are you over by Tatnuck/Moreland hill, Salisbury, or maybe Newton Square? Kind of looks like some of those classic Victorian age houses over by Moreland/Tatnuck. Too bad you couldn't find one near top of Moreland hill to get an extra 200-300 feet of elevation. 

I was guessing Salisbury area when I first saw it.

Last night, people in SWCT experienced a Tstorm that everyone is talking about today.  The thunder was amazingly loud and house shaking.  It almost seemed more like a bomb going off rather than thunder.  What caused such loudness...lack of leaves on the trees?  A frozen layer just under ground reflecting the sound waves?  Any thoughts?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Last night, people in SWCT experienced a Tstorm that everyone is talking about today.  The thunder was amazingly loud and house shaking.  It almost seemed more like a bomb going off rather than thunder.  What caused such loudness...lack of leaves on the trees?  A frozen layer just under ground reflecting the sound waves?  Any thoughts?

Probably just a close CG strike......the leaves thing may contribute a bit but those close CG strikes are amazingly loud.......

Just now, Whineminster said:

Ugh, don't you get tired of getting up that early? I also can't believe you drive from Weymouth to North Andover that's a bear of a commute. 

41 miles one way, but mostly highway. Technically in Andover, not North Andover....but it's the northern part of town on the Merrimack. Easy when no traffic. That's why I usually work mornings, whether I am on shift or doing admin stuff. Coming home is a bear, but only deal with it one way. 

On 1/6/2019 at 10:41 PM, moneypitmike said:

Yes.  The inspection was on Saturday.  So that sale is a contingency, but it looks to be in track.  Anyone need a Deere 140?  Runs great, 210 hours iirc.  It needs a mower belt (damn thing went on the last cut of the season) but a great machine.

Nice place!  Soon to be drowning your no snow misery at armsby Abbey.

You're going to go from a lot of land to a pretty small lot though! Country bumpkin moves to the big city.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

41 miles one way, but mostly highway. Technically in Andover, not North Andover....but it's the northern part of town on the Merrimack. Easy when no traffic. That's why I usually work mornings, whether I am on shift or doing admin stuff. Coming home is a bear, but only deal with it one way. 

Not so bad I guess since it is all highway, zoom right up.

Had an old boss who would commute from FIT to Stoughton every day so I guess it could be worse lol. 

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Same here.  40 miles one, from East Taunton to downtown Milford.  1hr each way on best day.  Lousy days have been 80-90min

33 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Nice place!  Soon to be drowning your no snow misery at armsby Abbey.

You're going to go from a lot of land to a pretty small lot though! Country bumpkin moves to the big city.

Thanks.  Hopefully Wormtown's resurgence will make this a good investment to boot.

Yeah on the small property, only .5 acre.  I just commented in the other thread that I may find myself a weekend lawn-warrior, needing to keep things looking tidy.